HAL's web site

jimd909

Hello again,

What does HAL offer on their web site as far as personalizing your cruise? I know Princess has the Cruise Personalizer and wanted to know if HAL has the same thing. I can't find anything.

Can you give me an example of what you mean by "personalizing"? Booking excursions? Booking services such as the spa and specialty restaurants? Pre-purchasing alcohol? They're all available, and more, on the HAL site.

On Princess's Cruise Personalizer, you can do almost everything. Choose what you want for your first time mini-bar setup, if you want bathrobes in your room, how you want your beds setup, excursions, etc.

I found out from HAL you can't put in your immigration info until you have it paid off.

Where do you go to do the other stuff?

Also, if I booked through an online TA, can I pay through HAL's web site or do I have to go through the TA? I want to pay a little each month.

THANKS!!!

You'll have to make payment through your TA - currently, only reservations booked online through HAL can have payments made to them.

Also, check the online TA's policies: I've seen more than a few that will charge you the deposit upfront, then the full balance on the final payment date with no option to put money down in advance of that. I like paying my cruises off in little chunks too, but I use my TA to do that. Simple, quick and painless.

You can book excursions on-line, as well as order in-room gifts, but HAL currently doesn't have anything like the Cruise Personalizer on Princess. You'll have to give all the details (late/early dinner, queen/double beds etc) to your TA when booking.

I found out from HAL you can't put in your immigration info until you have it paid off.
Not true. Once you've put down a deposit you can get your booking number from your TA and enter your immigration info in the Online Check-In section under For Booked Guests. Likewise you can book excursions once you have your booking number.

As others have said, most of your "options" are selected through your TA at booking time ... but can be changed later through your TA later if desired. We initially booked a guarantee room, and requested a table for two. Later on we convinced a friend to join us, chose a specific cabin, and changed both our dining time and table request. We have booked two excursions. Neither us nor our friend have made final payment yet.

Your booking number is "one number, 3 letters, one number, one letter".
We've had a variety of combinations: NLLLNL that you mentioned, but also NLLLLL, NLNLLL, and NLNLNL. The only thing they all have in common is that the first character has always been 7. I was wondering if that denoted my section of the country or world, maybe. :)

Not true. Once you've put down a deposit you can get your booking number from your TA and enter your immigration info in the Online Check-In section under For Booked Guests. Likewise you can book excursions once you have your booking number.. .

. We have booked two excursions. Neither us nor our friend have made final payment yet.

I have my booking number; the final payment isn't due until August for my Oct. cruise on Westerdam. The excursions are not yet available to book. For last year's Princess cruise, I could book excursions immediately. When is it "normal" for HAL's excusion booking to become available? Hope it will be activated after final payment in August.

I have my booking number; the final payment isn't due until August for my Oct. cruise on Westerdam. The excursions are not yet available to book. For last year's Princess cruise, I could book excursions immediately. When is it "normal" for HAL's excusion booking to become available? Hope it will be activated after final payment in August.
That's strange! We're going in Sep and many excursions have been available for booking since early Feb at least. Our final payment isn't due for another 5 weeks. Maybe the list will be revised after as we get closer to sail date, but the bulk of them will stay as is I'm sure.

We've had a variety of combinations: NLLLNL that you mentioned, but also NLLLLL, NLNLLL, and NLNLNL. The only thing they all have in common is that the first character has always been 7. I was wondering if that denoted my section of the country or world, maybe. :)

Who knows how they pick those numbers, perhaps out of a hat? :p My booking # for my upcoming cruise has a totally different placement of numbers and letters from my last booking #.

For our upcoming cruise, my friends (from Seattle) and I (from Halifax)have the exact same first 3 numbers/letters combo (7/letter/7) followed by a different combo (letter/#/letter). If anything, it makes them easier for me to remember. :)

From what I've read on the boards, I believe excursions are available about 6 months prior to sailing....I don't think making the final payment is necessary in able to book them. I know myself, I've been counting the days until those cabanas are available.:)

Which Westerdam Oct. cruise? 10/5 is repositioning and the other two are 7 day Caribbean. Excursions for repositioning cruises often show up much later than excursions for regular itineraries. The two Caribbean cruises would be at the beginning of the Caribbean season as HAL does not do summer cruises there. That probably means some changes in Caribbean excursions.

Which Westerdam Oct. cruise? 10/5 is repositioning and the other two are 7 day Caribbean. Excursions for repositioning cruises often show up much later than excursions for regular itineraries. The two Caribbean cruises would be at the beginning of the Caribbean season as HAL does not do summer cruises there. That probably means some changes in Caribbean excursions.

Caribbean Oct. 21 so it's within the 6 month mark (isn't it?) But thanks for your response -- gives me hope that there's nothing seriously wrong. The other possibility I thought of was that I hadn't filled in the immigration, etc info on line, but I know my TA has done all that with the booking & 1st deposit. I didn't want to have to print a boarding pass so early. Is it possible to check on that into through the HAL web site yet defer actually printing the pass until closer to the date?

Sorry for my ignorance, but None of this came up with Princess last year & it's my 1st time trying HAL so I've a virtual newby in spite of having a number of cruises "under the belt".

Thanks

On Princess's Cruise Personalizer, you can do almost everything. Choose what you want for your first time mini-bar setup, if you want bathrobes in your room, how you want your beds setup, excursions, etc.

Where do you go to do the other stuff?

But you can fill out bording pass ahead of payment.:rolleyes:

They also have gift store and shore excusion pre pay if you want.

Is it possible to check on that into through the HAL web site yet defer actually printing the pass until closer to the date?
Yes. Also, if you decide to print it and change your mind about something (emergency contact info for example) you can edit and reprint it. I'm not sure if that 'edit' capability shuts off at some point like 3 to 5 days prior to sailing, though.

Help. Something odd is going on with my use of the website. When I logged in a week or so ago, it wanted my booking number. So I got that from my TA. Now, I'm not being allowed access to the "for booked passengers" because, it seems, I didn't book through HAL. It's also "saying" that the email address I enter isn't valid. I have others, but only use one for this sort of "official" business.

Also, before it asked for my Mariner number. Now it seems like a whole different page. Could it have changed this much in the past week or so?

Help. Something odd is going on with my use of the website. When I logged in a week or so ago, it wanted my booking number. So I got that from my TA. Now, I'm not being allowed access to the "for booked passengers" because, it seems, I didn't book through HAL. It's also "saying" that the email address I enter isn't valid. I have others, but only use one for this sort of "official" business.

Also, before it asked for my Mariner number. Now it seems like a whole different page. Could it have changed this much in the past week or so?

It's not necessary to book through HAL to use the site. Try it again. Just now when I tried my booking number/name and a friend's in the "for Booked Passengers" section neither worked at first, but a minute or so later both worked.

I'm not sure what you mean about wanting an email address or Mariner number. If you're trying to order something it wants a username and password, but not an email address.

The only place I know where it asks for a Mariner number is when I'm trying to book (or 'pretend' to book) a reservation. :D

It's not necessary to book through HAL to use the site. Try it again. Just now when I tried my booking number/name and a friend's in the "for Booked Passengers" section neither worked at first, but a minute or so later both worked.

I'm not sure what you mean about wanting an email address or Mariner number. If you're trying to order something it wants a username and password, but not an email address.

The only place I know where it asks for a Mariner number is when I'm trying to book (or 'pretend' to book) a reservation. :D

Thanks. You were right. I tried it again and it worked. My problem with the email address was when accept my username /password was "rejected" it asked for my email and then said it wasn't valid.

This time when I got connected, at some point it did ask for the Mariner number, although it had nothing to do with the information I wanted.

I was able to get it to work from HAL's web site. The online TA that I used has a link from their web site to HAL's which is a bit different. It's asking for my booking number, passenger number and last name. That one doesn't work.

Anyway, I guess I can't really fill anything in until I get my passport because it will not let me save / continue.

• 8 years later...

If you are going on the HAL website on your phone some of the features don't work. Try going on from a desk top. I was having issues until I did that. I wish they had an app.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app