Delta - BusinessElite new seats

ja940

We are flying Atlanta to Barcelona on May 30 on Delta in BusinessElite.

Delta has been upgrading their BusinessElite seat to new 160 degree reclining seats with foot rests. Has anyone flown their 767-400's lately to know if they have the new seats?

We are flying Atlanta to Barcelona on May 30 on Delta in BusinessElite.

Delta has been upgrading their BusinessElite seat to new 160 degree reclining seats with foot rests. Has anyone flown their 767-400's lately to know if they have the new seats?

On April 10th, I flew from Atlanta to Rome in BusinessElite in a 767. I don't think it was a 400 series; 200 series, if I recall. But, the plane did have the new Business Class seats and amenities. The flight was very pleasant with very good service. The dinner served was very good, as were the wines, and the breakfast was more food than I really wanted. The seats themselves are only one-half inch wider than the ones in Economy. So, if you are flying First Class to Atlanta to make the connection, you will notice the difference as soon as you sit down in the seat. But, they are comfortable.

Be sure to take advantage of the BusinessElite Lounge in Concourse E before boarding your flight. It is a very pleasant area with snacks (hot and cold) and open bar.

Usually when an airline is upgrading seats on a plane it is a hit & miss as to whether or not you'll be getting a "new" plane or an "old" plane on the particular day that you are flying. Sometimes you can tell which plane you'll be on by looking at the seat maps if they have also changed the seating arrangement. But if the seat locations stay the same it's ofter harder to identify in advance what plane you are on.

The seats themselves are only one-half inch wider than the ones in Economy. So, if you are flying First Class to Atlanta to make the connection, you will notice the difference as soon as you sit down in the seat. But, they are comfortable.

The F seats on the domestic 767's on DL are also barely wider than the coach ones in back (2-2-2 vs 2-3-2). If you're on a 757 or 737 or MD-88, you will notice the difference.

Also, your business elite ticket gets you same day access to all DL Crown Room clubs, not just the BizElite lounge on E. So, if you are flying to ATL from a city with a CRC, you can use that as well. Same on the return. Check the DL website for their CRC page. Finally on lounges, you should probably be able to access the AirFrance lounge in BCN on your return; ask at check-in.

We are on a 767-400 Int'l which have the F seats on the inside of the right row still 2-2-2 but the are AB-CE-FG.

I just hope the new seat are in. My DW broke her ankle 3 weeks ago and needs the footrest and for 100000 skymiles I hope it's worth it.

Thanks for the tip on the lounges.

All international business class flights on DL will have seats with 150+ degree recline, with full length power footrests. Unless you chance upon a BizElite configured 767 or 777, your domestic flight won't have those seats. On the international leg, let the onboard leader know about the broken ankle if you need some more pillows or blankets to prop it up (or cushion/cradle the joint).

You can get more information from the BusinessElite section of the DL website. You can even see what the meal choices are in the Inflight section.

Also, when you first check-in, you can go straight to the First/Elite check-in desk at your origination airport. Ask if there is a priority security line you can use. And have them put priority tags on your luggage - should be flourescent yellow.

Remember that not all flights are announced in the lounges -- you are responsible for getting to your flight.

Archived