Mango Tango's.. I've mastered it!!

Hi all.. Got back from Freedom a bit over a week ago and was having Mango Tango withdrawl. Lo and behold when I got home there sat a catalog with a frozen drink maker on the back cover (called Margaritaville-hope I'm aloud to say it! ).. did a search on a recipe for Mango Tangos... ordered the machine..Even had the machine expressed ! (I'm REALLY having withdrawls!) ordered the same mixes RCI uses! and after MANY tries...(lots of rum) I've got it!!!!!!!! DH and I just sipped away one. I'm sooooo excited!! Now all I need are steel drums playing in the backround!:p :)

Hi all.. Got back from Freedom a bit over a week ago and was having Mango Tango withdrawl. Lo and behold when I got home there sat a catalog with a frozen drink maker on the back cover (called Margaritaville-hope I'm aloud to say it! ).. did a search on a recipe for Mango Tangos... ordered the machine..Even had the machine expressed ! (I'm REALLY having withdrawls!) ordered the same mixes RCI uses! and after MANY tries...(lots of rum) I've got it!!!!!!!! DH and I just sipped away one. I'm sooooo excited!! Now all I need are steel drums playing in the backround!:p :)

Please share the recipe for the rest of us who are in mango tango withdrawls. :D Where did you order the mixes from?

Oooh share your recipe, please! And are you allowed to tell us what brand the mixes are?!?

Less than three weeks and I'll be sipping one poolside on the way to Bermuda! :cool:

I need some drinking practice now though! LOL

You know there are some great music threads over in the floatway lounge. :D

Of course I'll share!! Ordered mixes from Islandoasis.com. (again hope I'm aloud to say it-but found that on my search!) They have all different flavors. But a Mango Tango is .....(drum roll)

1/2 Pina Colada

1/2 Mango Daquiri

So I ordered the Pina Colada Mix, and the Mango Mix from them. They give recipes in there also. Then I ordered the Margaritaville machine which shaves the ice PERFECTLY!! So to give a more specific recipe: for 2 drinks....

8 oz. Pina Colada Mix 1.25 oz rum

Mix and of course test it to make sure it's good! That goes in glass 1st

8 oz. Mango Mix 1.25 oz rum

Mix and pour over the Pina Colada... and you're in HEAVEN!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I'll share!! Ordered mixes from Islandoasis.com. (again hope I'm aloud to say it-but found that on my search!) They have all different flavors. But a Mango Tango is .....(drum roll)

1/2 Pina Colada

1/2 Mango Daquiri

So I ordered the Pina Colada Mix, and the Mango Mix from them. They give recipes in there also. Then I ordered the Margaritaville machine which shaves the ice PERFECTLY!! So to give a more specific recipe: for 2 drinks....

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing! :)

I carefully copied and pasted your post into a document on my computer since I'm afraid this thread will get poofed! :D

Now off to google the frozen drink maker! LOL

OOPS.. made a mistake on the rum part.. since I doubled the ounces of mix you need to double the rum!! Instead of 1.25 ounces of rum.. it's 2.50 ounces per 8 ounces of mix!! Sorry!!

Hmmm I would have wondered why it didnt quite taste the same . . . :p LOL

Seriously, thanks for the correction! :)

You can order steel drums at steeldrumshop.com.

1/2 Pina Colada

1/2 Mango Daquiri

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you dump 8 oz. of mix and 2.5 oz in a blender? How much ice do you throw in?

HELP! This sounds yummy!!! :D

So you dump 8 oz. of mix and 2.5 oz in a blender? How much ice do you throw in?

HELP! This sounds yummy!!! :D

Hi all!! Yes... the regular recipe for one drink is 4 oz. of mix and 1.25 oz of rum. In order to make 2 drinks (one for me and one for DH) and make them faster.. I double the recipe for both parts (pina colada and mango daquiri) so that's 8 oz. of mix and 2.5 oz of rum.. for each thing (pina coloda and mango daquiri) I bought a machine called Margaritaville.. it's awesome.. and you pour ice in the top of it ( I just fill it) and you click on how many drinks you want to make .. and it automatically shaves the ice and blends it. I do like it a tad thicker.. so I just press shave.. then blend after the original mixing.. and wallllaaaaa... yummy mango tangos.. I ordered the machine from Frontgate.com. there is a demonstration video on there...if you have a chance.. watch it.. it's a great investment.. and like I said I've mastered it!! Tastes just like the bartenders do it!!!

I think I have my drinks mixed up. :rolleyes:

I thought it was the Mango Tango that I loved. It sounds like it's the pina colada and the mango daquiri mix. Which one is the strawberry daquiri on half and the mango daquiri on the other half? :confused:

Those are the ones I love, but the Mango Tango is a close second. :D

Those sound wonderful........can wait to try the real thing but in the mean time....What kind of rum do you use, regular, dark, coconut?? Also is this a layered drink or both mixed together....THANKS

It is soooo goooood!! I use Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. And got the mixes from Island Oasis. Got the Pina Colada and Mango mixes. And yes they are layered. Pina Colada on the bottom.. Mango Daquiri on the top... Goes great in a hurricane glass... The machine Margaritaville really does the trick.. it's so easy to use! And fast.. a bit pricey.. but I think worth it!! Go to Frontgate.com and watch the video!

OOhhh... I bought a Margaritaville machine too! (a tad expensive but if you plan to use it like I do worth every dime!)

And I bought the tote for it. If you didn't get the tote, you might want to think about it. Makes clean up and storage a cinch.

I am going to try the Mango Tango recipe! Thanks!

If you don't want to buy the machine, try this. I tried making a drink this weekend that a friend had at a party. She has the double margarita machine so I just used a blender. Little did I know that you don't add ice to the machine. I had no clue that they froze themselves. Anyway, I had decided to put the rest of the mixture in the freezer planning to blend it later.

It froze so perfect, even the next morning, it was still really slushy. I guess the alcohol makes it freeze just right.

Those of you that like fruity drinks try this

mango rum

2 parts - Kiwi, Lime Hawain Punch

1 part - pineapple juice

We call it green stuff, it is really good.

I see someone ordered themselves a Frozen Concoction Maker :D We were going to buy one last time we were at Margaritaville (at Universal in Orlando), but they were sold out. We forgot to go home and order it, guess what I'm doing right now :D Thanks for reminding me, that machine looks awesome!

It is soooo goooood!! I use Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. And got the mixes from Island Oasis. Got the Pina Colada and Mango mixes. And yes they are layered. Pina Colada on the bottom.. Mango Daquiri on the top... Goes great in a hurricane glass... The machine Margaritaville really does the trick.. it's so easy to use! And fast.. a bit pricey.. but I think worth it!! Go to Frontgate.com and watch the video!

They have the video on www.margaritavillecargo.com as well. Just click on the Frozen Concoction Maker, then the link on the left. That's where we ordered it from. Good thing we cruise a lot and can stock up on the liquor for cheaper :)

I see someone ordered themselves a Frozen Concoction Maker :D We were going to buy one last time we were at Margaritaville (at Universal in Orlando)' date=' but they were sold out. We forgot to go home and order it, guess what I'm doing right now :D Thanks for reminding me, that machine looks awesome![/quote']

You won't regret buying this machine. I can't say enough about it. I was impressed!

I don't know what the mango/strawberry is but a Miami Vice is strawberry daquiri and pina colada. Either one sounds great!

Ahh, apparently I'll need to do some extensive research on my next cruise. :cool:

I have the Margaritaville machine too......the best invention EVER!!!

And sooooo easy to use! Perfect drinks everytime!!

I found it at Costco in December for $100.00 less than Frontgate and elsewhere--$199.00 instead of $299.00.

Thanks for the Mango Tango recipe!!! Will have to order the makin's for a yummy Mango Tango......I wonder what would be in a Labadoozie....

Archived