Mango Tango's.. I've mastered it!!

YIkes: i looked up this machine, it is 300$ for the margaritaville drink maker....is this what the op got????

Yes.. Yikes is right!! I said it was a bit pricey!! I got it for $299. My mom said Bed Bath and Beyond also has it. A couple posts ago someone said they got it at Cosco for $199!! That's a steal!! I really think this machine is worth every penny.. It makes them PERFECTLY!! I've very pleased with it! I didn't get the tote though.. I may need to order it!

Yes.. Yikes is right!! I said it was a bit pricey!! I got it for $299. My mom said Bed Bath and Beyond also has it. A couple posts ago someone said they got it at Cosco for $199!! That's a steal!! I really think this machine is worth every penny.. It makes them PERFECTLY!! I've very pleased with it! I didn't get the tote though.. I may need to order it!

Yep, picked it up at Costco for $199.00....but if BB&B has it for $299.00, you can use a 20% coupon and save about $60.00 which is better than full price!!! The Costco's up here in IL don't have it anymore, at least not at any of them I've been at.....been looking for a friend. But definitely worth the price!!

I got the tote for it too, it's the machines 'house'. Very nice and quilted to keep it out of harms way when it is stored or you can carry it to parties!!!:D

Yep, picked it up at Costco for $199.00....but if BB&B has it for $299.00, you can use a 20% coupon and save about $60.00 which is better than full price!!! The Costco's up here in IL don't have it anymore, at least not at any of them I've been at.....been looking for a friend. But definitely worth the price!!

I got the tote for it too, it's the machines 'house'. Very nice and quilted to keep it out of harms way when it is stored or you can carry it to parties!!!:D

Costco website does not have it.

Can't find it cheaper than 299.00

BB&B good idea for 20% off coupon.

No matter what even good blenders don't blend the drinks with the ice being shaved-like.

I don't know anyone who has one but it sounds great.

It is great and it shaves the ice like lvs2cruise2 said --- PERFECT!!

Before we got this I used a heavy duty smoothie maker someone purchased for me, and it was better than a blender and a reg. smoothie maker but this is just like in a restaurant/bar!

Costco website does not have it.

Can't find it cheaper than 299.00

BB&B good idea for 20% off coupon.

No matter what even good blenders don't blend the drinks with the ice being shaved-like.

I don't know anyone who has one but it sounds great.

I just saw this thread and had to post. I have what is called a Vita-mix. It is very expensive, but so versatile. I can make ice cream in it, make soup, and of course make frozen drinks. This machine is so powerful, it is unbelievable and it makes the smoothest frozen drinks.

I got it a couple years ago because they had it displayed and demonstrated at a home and garden show. I make ice cream with cabbage in it and smoothies with spinache and zuchini etc. Believe it or not, it tastes soooo good. If you don't want to spend the money on a drink machine, this may be an option if you want to be able to make good drinks, but also use the same machine for other purposes.

Like I said, it too is not cheap, but I was so impressed and have not regretted the purchase.

I hope I did not crash ( hijack) this thread with this. I just thought I would share another option if anyone were interested. :)

I don't think you hijacked! I think we all want ideas to bring our cruises home with us!! The margaritaville machine only shaves and blends.. sounds like your machine does it all!! I do love it though.. We moved into a new neighborhood a few months ago.. our neighbors invited us over so I thought what better way to get acquainted than with Mango Tango's!! Needless to say we have new best friends!! I did think the Margaritaville machine was alot of money, but I think it's something I'm going to use and have for a very long time!

I don't think you hijacked! I think we all want ideas to bring our cruises home with us!! The margaritaville machine only shaves and blends.. sounds like your machine does it all!! I do love it though.. We moved into a new neighborhood a few months ago.. our neighbors invited us over so I thought what better way to get acquainted than with Mango Tango's!! Needless to say we have new best friends!! I did think the Margaritaville machine was alot of money, but I think it's something I'm going to use and have for a very long time!

I agree with that. If you are going to get use out of something, the price is really not an issue.....Divide it by years used (price per year etc.) It really is not that expensive.

I spent over $300 on my Vita Mix but I use every day at the very least once a day.

Come the end of May I will be on a smoothie diet for my upcoming June cruise. I have that 5-10 pounds I would like to lose and I can make smoothies chock full of veggies, fruit, protein and flax....there is almost a full meal in there. Good prep for the cruise. :D

I think I will have to try that Mango Tango. Sounds delicious. Maybe I can get to know my neighbors a little better too. LOL!!

If you give your neighbors Mango Tango's, you will be sooo popular!! All this talk of them I just whipped up 2 of them... It got awfully warm in Cleveland today (87 degrees).. So it's perfect for Mango Tangos!! I'm going to have to order the other mixes from Island Oasis.. and make the Miami Vices.. Labadoozees.. BBC's.. anyone know the recipes for those??

I think I have my drinks mixed up. :rolleyes:

Which one is the strawberry daquiri on half and the mango daquiri on the other half? :confused:

Those are the ones I love, but the Mango Tango is a close second. :D

Isn't the one you are talking about called a Mango Lava Flow?

Oh, and I love my Margaritaville machine and can hardly believe the way I got it... Every time things at the office got crazy, I talked about wanting one to put in my office. I brought it up so much that my BOSS actuallly gave me one for my birthday!! But, then he made me promise to take it home... no happy hour on the job! :p

Wow!! What a nice boss!! That's a great gift to give someone!! We were on Freedom a couple weeks ago and I had a Wildberry Lava Flow.. it was awesome too.. I love all of them.. But have to say Mango Tango is my favorite! I don't know how to mix any of the others, but I have truly mastered the mango tango!!

If you give your neighbors Mango Tango's, you will be sooo popular!! All this talk of them I just whipped up 2 of them... It got awfully warm in Cleveland today (87 degrees).. So it's perfect for Mango Tangos!! I'm going to have to order the other mixes from Island Oasis.. and make the Miami Vices.. Labadoozees.. BBC's.. anyone know the recipes for those??

just do a search onthe royal caribbean part of CC and I bet you can find recipes

I am so glad I found this thread...

Several years ago my mom brought me an official Royal Carribbean Ocean Potions Cocktail Recipe Book back from one of her gazillion cruises. (She knew that the drinks are part of the reason I like cruising so much :D and I had never even seen one of these booklets before.) Unfortunately, some of the newer drinks aren't in there, but a lot of the golden oldies are. So, I have a whole bunch of the "real" recipes!

The BBC is actually one of my DHs favorite drinks. Here you go:

1 1/2 oz. Bailey's (the DH likes more)

1 1/2 oz. Creme of Coconut

1 oz. Pineapple juice

1/2 of a banana

Flash blend with crushed ice. Pour in one of those souvenir glasses you brought back from your first cruise, garnish with a pineapple wedge, cherry and an umbrella. Close your eyes and poof! You are on deck 9 by the pool.

because it looks like BTSEN5 puts cabbage in his/her ice cream. :) Do you serve that with hot fudge or strawberry sauce? I wonder if my kids would eat cabbage that way? Might be worth a try........

OK, now I've GOT to find this dang machine........

CavePearl...any chance that Ocean Potions book has an ISBN #? I'd love to find it....

thanks

because it looks like BTSEN5 puts cabbage in his/her ice cream. :) Do you serve that with hot fudge or strawberry sauce? I wonder if my kids would eat cabbage that way? Might be worth a try........

CavePearl...any chance that Ocean Potions book has an ISBN #? I'd love to find it....

thanks

hey check ebay, you never know

thanks

Yep, you can make chocolate malt ice cream, strawberry, sorbet, etc.....put cabbage, carrot, spinach, or any mild veggie in it and they will never know. Seriously, my kids love the treat of the ice cream.

I do not eat veggies, so I make these smoothies and I make pina coladas using only fresh fruit, cream of coconut, splash of milk, and I will sometimes add squash or some sort of veggie.

I like the looks of the margaritaville machine though. The vitamix looks like a turbo blender. :)

thanks

I looked on the booklet, and there isn't an ISBN, or any real identifying information at all other than the publishing date 1998. But it has such helpful stuff in the back pages - a place to list your cruise favorites: drink, bartender, waiter, food, tablemates, etc. Like someone is actually going to take the time to fill that in...

I'll ask my mother if she remembers which ship it came from - she's been on so many RCCL cruises she'll probably tell me she has no idea. But then, her memory for things like that are pretty good for an 81 year old. Just don't ask her to remember where she put the car keys! ;)

georganne

P.S. The Mango Tango isn't one of the recipes listed. But I don't think I'll add cabbage or spinach to mine though. An extra rum floater will work just fine! :D

I saw this thread the other day and made a note to come back to it when I had more time.

I am placing an order on Island Oasis. You have to order six boxes. It says there is six per box and one box makes 48 drinks. That's a lot of drinks for just DH and I!! :D Is it packaged so that you can make only a few drinks and save the rest for later? How does it store? Freezer? Cupboard?

Thanks for sharing! DH is thrilled!! Oh and thanks to whoever posted the BBC recipe. We tried all weekend to remember what was in those! Thanks!!

I saw this thread the other day and made a note to come back to it when I had more time.

I am placing an order on Island Oasis. You have to order six boxes. It says there is six per box and one box makes 48 drinks. That's a lot of drinks for just DH and I!! :D Is it packaged so that you can make only a few drinks and save the rest for later? How does it store? Freezer? Cupboard?

Thanks for sharing! DH is thrilled!! Oh and thanks to whoever posted the BBC recipe. We tried all weekend to remember what was in those! Thanks!!

I did order 6 boxes.. I did 3 mango and 3 pina colada. I DON"T think one box makes 48 drinks though.. I read that too. I'm on my last box of each. (out of rum though!) So I've used up 4 boxes (2 mango and 2 colada) and I KNOW we didn't drink 192 drinks!! I didn't count how many but each time I mixed 8 oz. of pina colada with 2.5 oz. of rum.. Poured it in a hurricane.. then did the same with the mango and poured it on top. After you open it they suggest you refridgerate and best if used within 3 weeks after opening.. I've been home for only 2 and a 1/2 weeks and I'm already on the 3rd boxes!! They don't last that long!! Next time I'm going to order the different flavors.. This drink is soooo good!!

Also.. as for the Ocean's Potions from RCI I did read somewhere on these boards that the book is no longer available. I wonder why? I'm sure they could sell a bundle of these recipe books!!

And to the poster saying she has to get this machine.. I HIGHLY recommend it. It really makes these drinks perfectly. I know it's pricey but you will use it and it's something you'll have for a long time!! Happy Mango Tangoing everyone!!

I did order 6 boxes.. I did 3 mango and 3 pina colada. I DON"T think one box makes 48 drinks though.. I read that too. I'm on my last box of each. (out of rum though!) So I've used up 4 boxes (2 mango and 2 colada) and I KNOW we didn't drink 192 drinks!! I didn't count how many but each time I mixed 8 oz. of pina colada with 2.5 oz. of rum.. Poured it in a hurricane.. then did the same with the mango and poured it on top. After you open it they suggest you refridgerate and best if used within 3 weeks after opening.. I've been home for only 2 and a 1/2 weeks and I'm already on the 3rd boxes!! They don't last that long!! Next time I'm going to order the different flavors.. This drink is soooo good!!

Thanks for the info! I am ordering one of each and two pina colada ones. Can't wait to try them out! :)

I found this website on another drink thread and would like to share it. www.webtender.com As for the Labadoozee, I'll do a search because I know someone posted it. I'll post the ingredients when I find it. Tried to order a Miami Vice at dinner last night and the bartender had no idea what it was. :( Kinda going through withdrawal! :)

Labadoozee:

"dzboss1

October 3rd, 2006, 01:08 PM

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Ingredients:

1/2 oz Orange Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Pineapple Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Papaya Juice Concentrate

1/2 oz Coconut Cream

3/4 oz Dark Rum (Or make it a virgin Coco Loco without the rum)

3/4 oz Coconut Rum

1/4 oz Grenadine

Crushed ice

(Makes one cocktail)"

Hey guys!

Just thought I would rop a note and say that I am almost positive WalMart carries the machine you are talking about in their 'seasonal' aisle. I don't remember it being that expensive so, it might be smaller or maybe a different brand (but I would swear it was Margaritaville...) It's worth a look!!! Also, check ebay!

Thanks for the drink recipes!!!! :)

Safe Travels,

Sam :D

Archived