Spending Money!

I leave on the Spirit in 13 days, (insert happy dance here) so of course money and cruising are on my mind. :D How do you get your spending money for your upcoming cruise? Do you save up for a long time, or do you have some quick "last minute" tricks?

Here's what I did ... last year my DH and I got back more than I paid in for our federal tax refund. :rolleyes: Since I've already paid in for three months, I changed my allowances to the maximum allowed at the beginning of April so that no federal taxes would be taken out. Of course, they're still sneaking $20 bucks, but thanks to that change, I've been banking away an extra $150 a week!! That's going to help a little when it comes to spending in Alaska. :)

I have a savings account in a small town nearby, each week I deposit any where from 25-50$, since i book my cruises quite in advance it gives me quite a while to save up. When I withdraw it from the account I have it changed into U.S, travelors cheques then we are good to go. :D

when my fam goes on a cruise my mom, dad, bro, and sis's, all empty the change from our pockets into change banks each nite, at the end of each week we roll what we can and that goes into a big empty pretzel jar, we start this as soon as we book so that we have loads of time to save up spending money for our favorite port Cozumel!!!:D

Hi Red ..................... I'm sailing with you! Is there a meet & Great arranged yet?

I have my Credit Union take a set amount out of my cehck each week and put it into a savings account I set up for the purpose, actually I have 2, 1 for spending money, 1 for Cruise fare ........... works great and I don't have to remember to transfer funds each week.

Archived