shoes for the cruise????

Right now I am trying to pack for my husband & young sons. We leave for the eastern carribean in 3 days!

I'm having trouble with the shoes. I am hoping to possibly get away with just taking black dress shoes (formal), and sandals. If I do this, which shoes would they wear for the non-formal dinners?? They will be wearing collared shirts, and casual pants. Can they get away with sandals in the dining room, or would they need the dress shoes???

Also,

Which am I better to pack:

Sandals or Crocs????? What would they get the most use of???

Any advice for me??

Just returned from the Valor last week and my 4 yo nephew traveled with us. At dinner he wore collar shirt with casual slacks and his tennis shoes. They were perfectly fine with the children being more causual and comfortable. Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise!

I would say your husband only needs 3 pairs of shoes. Dress shoes for formal nights. Tennis shoes for ports (excursions and lots of walking around). And I prefer docksiders/boat shoes for everything else. I typically wear boat shoes with khakis and no socks for non-formal dinners. They also go great with shorts.

I think your sons can get away with anything, especially if they are on the younger side.

I used to take a ton of shoes with me, but no more. Last cruise I had three pairs - sneakers for ports, black dress shoes for formal nights and clear Dr. Scholl's sandals for everything else. :)

Archived