Advice: Flights between Papeete n Bora?

Wilcoam

My wife and I, are looking are going to the Islands, for the first time ever, early Jan 2008.

She prefers land trips, IE: 7 nights in Bora Bora, I prefer crusing, IE: TP 10 night itin. I'm thinking of combining the two, 3-4 days pre-cruise in Bora Bora, then 10 days TP cruise.

(Going pre-cruise to Bora Bora might not only allow us to avoid LAX and fly JFK direct, but takes the stress away from flying in day of, and/or missing flights and that first full day on the TP, not to mention eliminating jet lag/time adj)

I see many many mentions of pre-cruise n post cruise stays in Papeete, and/or Moorea, but very little mention of Bora Bora. (actually-none!) I realize Moorea is much closer, but my wife is pretty set on staying in Bora Bora proper.

Are there in fact, local flights, and/or boat service from Papeete to Bora Bora?

Does Princess also offer such a package, or is it best to book on one's own, for Bora Bora?

Appreciate advice, Thx in advance

jc

Toronto, Canada

Galaxy Sept 2006

Princess Star Jan 2007

X Xpedition Sept 2007

My wife and I, are looking are going to the *******, for the first time ever, early Jan 2008.

She prefers land trips, IE: 7 nights in Bora Bora, I prefer crusing, IE: TP 10 night itin. I'm thinking of combining the two, 3-4 days pre-cruise in Bora Bora, then 10 days TP cruise.

(Going pre-cruise to Bora Bora might not only allow us to avoid LAX and fly JFK direct, but takes the stress away from flying in day of, and/or missing flights and that first full day on the TP, not to mention eliminating jet lag/time adj)

I see many many mentions of pre-cruise n post cruise stays in Papeete, and/or Moorea, but very little mention of Bora Bora. (actually-none!) I realize Moorea is much closer, but my wife is pretty set on staying in Bora Bora proper.

Are there in fact, local flights, and/or boat service from Papeete to Bora Bora?

Does Princess also offer such a package, or is it best to book on one's own, for Bora Bora?

Appreciate advice, Thx in advance

jc

Toronto, Canada

Galaxy Sept 2006

Princess Star Jan 2007

X Xpedition Sept 2007

Don't know if Princess offers it, but Air Tahiti (not Air Tahiti Nui) flies to Bora Bora.. quite a few flights daily. We are flying there post cruise in July for 3 nights.. the flight cost is 69 400 XPF (34 700 XPF/each). The only problem I have had so far is trying to fax my cc to them...

• 3 weeks later...

Wilcoam - we are thinking about the same plan! Please share what you find, & I'll do the same. I think Bora Bora is really worth the effort from what I hear.

We're also planning to go in Jan./Feb. 2008, for the first time.

Thanks!

Trixie

Archived