Cabin Quirks

I was on the Serenade of the Seas in cabin 7122 last week. Deck 7 balconies have the canopy of the lifeboats right outside so you can not see down to the water. Cabin 7122 had the specific quirk of having the crew access hatch right in front of our balcony. It was quite a surprise to have the curtains open and have a man climb through the hatch! I was unaware of the canopy and even less aware that we would have the hatch in front of our balcony and workers would pop up randomly.

Does anyone know of other cabins that have strange quirks like this that people might want to know before booking them? Obstructions? Hatches? Frequented crew work areas?

Pass on what you know. :)

I was on the Serenade of the Seas in cabin 7122 last week. Deck 7 balconies have the canopy of the lifeboats right outside so you can not see down to the water. Cabin 7122 had the specific quirk of having the crew access hatch right in front of our balcony. It was quite a surprise to have the curtains open and have a man climb through the hatch! I was unaware of the canopy and even less aware that we would have the hatch in front of our balcony and workers would pop up randomly.

Does anyone know of other cabins that have strange quirks like this that people might want to know before booking them? Obstructions? Hatches? Frequented crew work areas?

Pass on what you know. :)

Can I also ask that people add any information about "better" cabins, if they exist? For example, staterooms that are larger than normal for their class, or have a larger than normal balcony?

Can I also ask that people add any information about "better" cabins, if they exist? For example, staterooms that are larger than normal for their class, or have a larger than normal balcony?

Good idea! Share the good and the bad about cabins!

• 2 years later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but have just been searching for info on room E3-7122 on the Jewel of the seas.

We have booked this room for our honeymoon and obviously want it to be perfect. Does anyone know if we will have a crew hatch or any of the things mentioned- don't want crew popping up on our honeymoon for obvious reasons!!!!

Thanks!

Tink

~x~

Archived