QM2 5/18/07 Guest Lecturers - How to find out?

NYC123

Am crossing 5/18/07 and would like to know who the guest lecturers/speakers are. I can't seem to find this info anywhere (have tried Cunard.com). Do any of you more experienced folks know how to find out? Many thanks.

I too shall be on that crossing with my wife, and have received no such information. They could have it on cunard.co.uk/com, but they don't of course.

I find it odd that Cunard can spend millions of pounds/dollars/euro on a ship, hundreds of thousands on marketing it, and yet have such a poor website. Except for the few (dull) press releases, it gives none of the specific and tailored information that would be so useful - things like menus, lectures and so on, nor are there any community-building features now so popular for companies who know how to market using new media. Where's the podcast? Where's the Cunard President's blog? The website is a classic 90s brochure-site (albeit not a very good one). It is moribund.

The information is on the website - for some sailings - but not all, here:

http://www.cunard.com/OurShips/default.asp?Ship=QM2&main=onb&sub=epr&sub2=eprcco

The book club also has information for your voyage. Fear not, there will be interesting speakers, even if the muppets who run the web site don't know who they are.......

...the guest lecturer is from my area and regularly lectures about 25 minutes from my house. Wouldn't you just know that I'd travel across the Atlantic only to find an expert who lives in my backyard (Mystic Seaport for those who know where that is).

In any event - he does seem to have some expertise in American Revolutionary history so I will be interested in hearing what he has to say.

msk, my best friend from college lived near Mystic (her dad was stationed at the submarine base in Groton) in the early 90's and worked at the ice cream/fudge shop by the bridge. Such a lovely, charming town!

msk, my best friend from college lived near Mystic (her dad was stationed at the submarine base in Groton) in the early 90's and worked at the ice cream/fudge shop by the bridge. Such a lovely, charming town!

Beth,.

I saw that Ice Cream shop just two weeks ago last night~! Sadly, my boss's father died. It was a relief though- lingering cancer- He was ex submariner. Served on the Nautilus! I noticed coming out of the funeral home the ice cream parlor on the corner. Thought it would be nice to come back in the summer, but it's much too crowded then! I have been to the restaurant down the street in summer with friends up from the Carolinas. Mystic is such a quaint little town, but not one to be driving a car in. Park and walk!

Love the seaport, too, and the Aquarium, and so much!

Thanks for making me smile with memories!

Karie,

on this cold rainy day, not too far distant from Mystic (Yes, I don't like too far from msk)

Archived