Our cabin price has gone down-can we request a reduction on our booked cabin?

Good morning,

I know this subject has been covered in the past but I never really paid too much attention to it. Our category cabin has been quite reduced on our upcoming cruise and it seems I have read in the past that some people have requested the discount in price be applied to their booked cabin. Did I understand that correctly? If so, how do I go about it? Do I have to do it through my travel agent or can I call RCI? Thank you for any information. It is an substantial amount of money and I am sure the cabins will sell out quickly at this price.

Karen

Call your TA.

We were able to snag a $720 refund to my cc for a resident discount that was offered after final payment. (2 cabins). Be aware if the TA is offering any perks with your reservation that the perks can be reduced also.

Kathy J

If you booked through a TA, then RCI will not be able to help you. Contact your TA as soon as you can and she should be able to get you the reduction. Speed is necessary because the prices can change very quickly. Make a print-out of the reduced price so that you can provide it, if necessary.

HI,

thanks for the input. I just reread the information and it is for new bookings only. For our upcoming cruise on 6/2/07, Brilliance of the Seas 12 day med Venice cruise, a D1 cabin is now priced at 1599 - we paid 3000 and booked the day the cruise opened up in March 2007. Those lucky enough to book at t his price are getting a great deal......and they arent guaranteed cabins so you can pick from the cabins available.

Thanks again!!

Karen

Did you really only book in March for a cruise next month? -- I can only imagine that the bookings must have been opened longer than 3 months before the cruise takes place. Or did you mean 2006?

If it isn't just a "happy hour" special, try contacting your TA anyway. They may be able to do something for you. Otherwise, it's a real disappointment:( That's just too much money to throw away!

Hi,

Yes I did mean 2006!! I did email my TA. She is out in Denver so she wont be working for another few hours. I dont think it is a happy hour special but it is only for Tuesday and Wednesday. I figured all I can do is ask her about any reduction - what have I got to lose?

Yes it is a lot of money! It is less than half price of what the price was yesterday! I am happy for anyone who can take advantage of it.

Have a great day....

Karen

I hate to be so cynical, but we've run into some pretty slick TA's. You might want to call RCI just to see if getting the recuction would be possible. THEN call your TA and have them arrange for your refund. At least this way you'll have covered all the bases.

Good morning,

I know this subject has been covered in the past but I never really paid too much attention to it. Our category cabin has been quite reduced on our upcoming cruise and it seems I have read in the past that some people have requested the discount in price be applied to their booked cabin. Did I understand that correctly? If so, how do I go about it? Do I have to do it through my travel agent or can I call RCI? Thank you for any information. It is an substantial amount of money and I am sure the cabins will sell out quickly at this price.

Karen

How soon is your cruise Karen? If you're within the cancellation time you could cancel your cruise and re-book at the cheaper price.

Happy hour specials are only valid for new individual bookings, are capacity controlled (so may not last all of Tuesday and Wednesday) and are subject to change without notice ... these bookings cannot be pulled into group space ... it's different than when they offer resident rates or sr citizen rates, with those they'll adjust a current booking, but with Happy Hour rates they won't make adjustments; they have to be done as cancellations/rebookings.

I haven't done this yet, but have been told it is possible to cancel and rebook, if you are already in penalty phase then you will be assessed the penalty, but then you can have the remaining monies moved to your new reservation (instead of having it refunded while you pony up more money for the new ressie in the meantime).

RCCL will not circumvent your TA and deal with you directly, so you will need to reach your TA as soon as possible this morning.

I am definitely in the penalty phase as our cruise is on 6/2/07. We booked early and chose the cabin we wanted. I have used my TA before and she had come highly recommended by friends who have used her for years. I did email her but will call her when it is closer to 9 in Denver. As this is a happy hour special, I am not expecting any reduction. I booked it knowing the price and willing to pay it.....so really nothing lost.

I will let you know what she says. Thanks again for all of your responses!!

Karen

I checked your sailing on the travel agent promotion site and they also have a senior citizen rate as well as Happy Hour. Anyone in your cabin 55 or older? If so you should be able to switch to that.

Archived