Formal Nights on Summit Southbound

mrsfanci

I'm sailing next week Seward-Vancouver on Summit. Since the last night is on an at sea day, will they change formal night? I was told on phone to Celebrity that it was. Can't imagine they would have the last night a formal one. I'm trying to make my nights in The Normandie not to be on formal nights.

Good question, I can't believe that they would hold the last formal night on the last night, I would think it would be the night before. We'll be on that cruise next June so I'm trying to get the same stuff figured out. Be sure to post a review for us.

Stretch

MrsFanci......

The second Formal Night (June 2004) (southbound) was on Tuesday...the day we were @ Icy Strait.

The last full day on the cruise (Thursday)...the evening dress was casual.

Also note: for the week, there were 4 casual, 2 Formal and 1 informal....contrary to what the cruise brochure & cruise documents stated.

;)

My husband and I are going on the same cruise..we were think about doing the specialty restaurant on Monday or Tuesday..that seemed to be in the middle of the formal...I called Celebrity a few weeks ago however and was told two formals and the rest casual...Based on what I am hearing now i will have to pack a sports jacket for my husband. I was hoping to avoid that. See you all on board.

Boosmom, Thanks for your info. I figured 2nd formal would be the Icy Straight day since we sail at 4:00 that day. I don't like the only 1 informal night but since we plan on eating in The Normandie 2 0r 3 times, I'll do it anyway. People dress a bit more there don't they. Their phone info is the worst. Are sport coats still a requirement for the Normandie? Ties optional?

We will be on the Aug. 20th sailing. I prefer the dining room on formal nights. Thanks to everyone for info.

we don't worry about a sport jacket for the "informal" night. too much to pack! if a jacket is required for the normandie my husband and son will just grab their suit jackets!

packing for 3 people for 2 weeks is tough enough.

i'd love to see the menus for the non formal nights to figure when to eat at the normandie.

is it open the first night?

we have early seating normally and may miss dinner the night we're in ketchikan and possibly juneau.

sheree

We were on northbound Summit last month and ate in the Normandie on the third night, Sunday. Our formal nights were the second and sixth, Saturday and Wednesday. Since I made the reservation through the captain's club prior to sailing, the restaurant called our cabin even before we left Vancouver to arrange a dining time. Jackets for men were required but ties were not. I asked for a table by a window and we enjoyed the experience. Our dinner was not rushed and we, as always, had lots to eat.

The last day and night, Thursday, was a casual day at sea. That was the only day that we had rough seas, so we took seasickness pills and rested. Luggage had to be out by 11:00pm which made casual dressing much easier.

Archived