Brand new here...

jenwales

Hi everyone. I've already lost 60 pounds, but I need to lose 100 (I know :eek: ) more before my very first cruise on August 17, 2008 (Disney Wonder). Anyone in a similar "boat?" I'm low carbing and very motivated at the moment.

Good to meet you!

Hey Jen... I'm pretty new here myself. I'm trying to lose about a total of 80 lbs. from where I am right now. I'm down 20ish so far. So, yes, we're in the same "boat"...even if we won't be on the same ship! It's nice to know I'm not alone in this journey. There isn't any way that I'm going to lose all the weight I want to lose before my next cruise (August 11th), but I'm hoping to be down another 30 lbs. by then. I'm doing WW online and I've hired a personal trainer that comes to my house twice a week and busts my heinie! I don't know about you, but I could use all the support I can get. I've found a lot of the women in the forums on Weight Watchers to be really unsupportive and rather snobby towards "newbies". I'm hoping this little group of dieting travelers will be more friendly!

Ciao!

Hi Jen...wow! You've done great so far. I need to lose a total of 65 pounds. Just started WW Online last week and am already down 3 of those pounds. Little goals...:) I see that you leave for your cruise on my mom's birthday - good choice. :) I'll be curious to hear more about your cruise (even though it's a ways off) because my husband just mentioned this morning that if we enjoy our "first cruise" this September (to Alaska), we might consider looking into a Disney cruise next year with my stepson (who is 5 right now). Good luck, please keep posting!

Jill

Hi nrh322 - I just started WW Online last week. My starting weight was 215, as of this morning my weight was 212. I'm thrilled! I understand what you mean on the WW boards, if you're not already "in" with the others it's hard to feel a part of their boards. I would love to keep in contact on these boards to track each other's progress. My husband and I are going on our first cruise on September 23rd, to Alaska. It's one of my dream destinations - can't wait!. My mini-goal is to be down to at least 190 pounds at that point. I'm not really sure if that's reasonable, but it doesn't seem too impossible to me. Good luck to you, and please be in touch - thanks!

Jill

Hi nrh322 - I just started WW Online last week. My starting weight was 215, as of this morning my weight was 212. I'm thrilled! I understand what you mean on the WW boards, if you're not already "in" with the others it's hard to feel a part of their boards. I would love to keep in contact on these boards to track each other's progress. My husband and I are going on our first cruise on September 23rd, to Alaska. It's one of my dream destinations - can't wait!. My mini-goal is to be down to at least 190 pounds at that point. I'm not really sure if that's reasonable, but it doesn't seem too impossible to me. Good luck to you, and please be in touch - thanks! Jill

Jen, nrh, Jill-- Hi! I am new to this board too so I figured this might be a good thread to start with--our next cruise will be Dec 23- on the Explorer out of NJ to the Southern Caribbean. :cool:

Congratulations to everyone on your weight loss! I am down 24 lbs since we returned from our last cruise in January. It has been alot of work- I still have 60 to go.

I am doing a combination of things- w/my Drs. approval. In January I sent her (my Dr.) an email threatening to eat three more pizzas and request a bypass.....and begging her for help. I proposed the program and gave her the information and she approved it and did the paperwork. (Cool- cause our medical insurance covers it!)It is a three part program...

1) Medical weight loss clinic: I visit this Dr. every two weeks to weigh in and get a B-12 shot. The medication is 10 mgs of an anti-depressent (to curb emotional eating) and an appetite suppressant that i am supposed to take twice a day (although i rarely do). I started this in February after losing the first 10 lbs. on my own.

2) Health program through a Physical Therapist w/Registered Dietician. I go to a Physical Therapy clinic 3x a week for 1 1/2 hrs. They have me warm up w/a cardio exersize, then they torture me with a set of strength & conditioning excersizes that attack my weakest spots. All of this is done while l am wearing an excersize heart monitor. Then they have me do another 15-20 mins. of cardio. Then 5-10 mins of stretching. I started this in April--Im on week 5. I also keep a food log they examine and comment on. :(

3)Part 3 is me...and everything else i do on my own. I started w/a walk aerobic program offered for free on the "exersize on demand" channel. I have been doing the 17 minute program every morning when I wake up. Then I added time on the stationary bike. Then I tried a Yoga class..and I am hooked! The classes are 90 minutes long and end with a nap!:p That is my kind of exercise! :D I'm doing the yoga classes twice a week.

My biggest struggle is to eat breakfast each morning. And I find myself getting a little discouraged as I hit the plateaus. I was hoping you guys could keep me motivated!!

nrh- I see you're cruising Aug. 11. We have a thread on this board called "slim down, tone up for 8/12/07 cruise." It's for anyone cruising in August, but everyone is welcome. You should come and say hi! We've got a very friendly group there with some good tips! (Just scroll down a bit on the "Lose Before You Cruise" list of threads and you'll find it.)

Also, I hope you newbies will all join in on the Thursday weigh-in threads! It's really motivating to post my progress every week. (Or to post my screw-ups and get the encouragement to get back on track!)

Good luck everyone with your weight loss goals! I want to lose 21.5 pounds by the time I leave on July 30. But as long as I stay on track for these next 10 weeks, I'll be happy no matter what the scale says!

Weirdeyes.....saw your post about sparkpeople dot com and wanted to say THANKS!!! I spent all day on that website the other day! Great resource~Thanks again!

You're welcome! I think it is a fantastic site and the best part is...it's free! ;)

Hey everyone! I'm so glad some people besides me finally noticed Jen's post. What a great welcome! :)

Jill, I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed that the people on the WW boards are kind of cranky. I'm hungry, but I'm trying to stay in a good mood. :D I'd love to hang out here with all my new dieting traveling friends instead. You and I are almost at the exact same weight. As of yesterday, you've got me beat by 5 lbs. I lost 4 last week on WW, so it's working so far.

Darci, Sheila, Suzanne, Thanks again for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of y'all. Maybe one of these days we'll bump into each other at the gym on one of our ships.

Ciao!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome. :) I've been away for a few days and almost forgot that I posted.

I am SO motivated, but SO bored. In my next life I'm coming back as someone with a really fast metabolism!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome. :) I've been away for a few days and almost forgot that I posted.

I am SO motivated, but SO bored. In my next life I'm coming back as someone with a really fast metabolism!

Girlfriend, we all wish that! LOL

Hey everyone! I'm so glad some people besides me finally noticed Jen's post. What a great welcome! :)

Jill, I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed that the people on the WW boards are kind of cranky. I'm hungry, but I'm trying to stay in a good mood. :D I'd love to hang out here with all my new dieting traveling friends instead. You and I are almost at the exact same weight. As of yesterday, you've got me beat by 5 lbs. I lost 4 last week on WW, so it's working so far.

Darci, Sheila, Suzanne, Thanks again for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of y'all. Maybe one of these days we'll bump into each other at the gym on one of our ships.

Ciao!

We're looking forward to getting to know you also! :D

Archived