POH- restaurants

crusader

We did POH in March, and here are my thoughts:

Free:

Main dining rooms - pass if you can, food and service were mediocre at best, kind of like buffet food with servers...sort of.

Paniolos - good enough, if you're not a regular eater of *good* tex-mex. ;)

Pappas - definitely worthwhile - we went twice, and since I'm a hound for italian food, I could have gone back again.

Blue Lagoon - it's okay, and it's free. And it's the only thing you can do after 9pm or so. Don't expect ice cream after 10p. (and isn't that the thing everyone wants after a night of fun and festivity?!? :D )

Aloha Nui Cafe - as buffets go, it's just okay. You won't starve, but you won't be wowed either. There's a littler version of the buffet out on the aft deck - best kept secret during the first few mornings, that's for sure!

Cover Charge:

Cagney's - do it, and do it again. :D Great food, great service... no complaints whatsoever. Try the passionfruit sorbet (not on the menu) and Bananas Foster - yumm!

Jasmine - asian with a modern twist. We could take or leave the noodle dishes, but the appetizers were all very good - could easily make a meal of those alone!!

Sushi Bar - skip it, you can get better onshore somewhere.

Teppanyaki - really good if you get a good chef, painful if you don't. It's hard to have a bad tasting Teppanyaki though - so it's good food either way.

We didn't do LeBistro, because the menu didn't appeal to too many in our group - heard it was good (worthwhile) though.

Make your reservations as early as possible the day prior, and be flexible about what time you eat, and you won't be disappointed.

We did POH in March, and here are my thoughts:

Free:

Main dining rooms - pass if you can, food and service were mediocre at best, kind of like buffet food with servers...sort of.

Actually, I thougth that the food and service were excellent at the main dining rooms! We went to Alizar once on a regular night, and Grand Pacific on formal / lobster night. It's possible that you just had a bad server, or made a bad food selection.

Paniolos - good enough, if you're not a regular eater of *good* tex-mex. ;)

Agree: my girlfriend and I often eat at a very good Mexican restaurant on land, so we were spoiled.

Pappas - definitely worthwhile - we went twice, and since I'm a hound for italian food, I could have gone back again.

I agree; and it is free!

Blue Lagoon - it's okay, and it's free. And it's the only thing you can do after 9pm or so. Don't expect ice cream after 10p. (and isn't that the thing everyone wants after a night of fun and festivity?!? :D )

We went there for lunch one day, and it was very good; better than the buffet.

Aloha Nui Cafe - as buffets go, it's just okay. You won't starve, but you won't be wowed either. There's a littler version of the buffet out on the aft deck - best kept secret during the first few mornings, that's for sure!

Agree; a pretty typical buffet. Never went there for dinner, but the breakfasts were fine, and the lunches were adequate.

Cover Charge:

Cagney's - do it, and do it again. :D Great food, great service... no complaints whatsoever. Try the passionfruit sorbet (not on the menu) and Bananas Foster - yumm!

Definitely agree: Cagney's was excellent!

Jasmine - asian with a modern twist. We could take or leave the noodle dishes, but the appetizers were all very good - could easily make a meal of those alone!!

As with Paniolos, since my girlfriend and I frequently eat at good Asian restaurants on land, we were spoiled.

Sushi Bar - skip it, you can get better onshore somewhere.

We didn't actually eat there, since we had sushi a few days ago at Hatsuhana (which was at the Hilton Hawaiian Village), which was excellent, so we wanted to try the other restaurants on the ship. It woud have been nice if the sushi bar was open for lunch; we would have definitely had lunch there at least once.

Teppanyaki - really good if you get a good chef, painful if you don't. It's hard to have a bad tasting Teppanyaki though - so it's good food either way.

Didn't actually get a chance to eat there either. This ship has more restaurants than the cruise has nights.

We didn't do LeBistro, because the menu didn't appeal to too many in our group - heard it was good (worthwhile) though.

LeBistro was excellent.

Make your reservations as early as possible the day prior, and be flexible about what time you eat, and you won't be disappointed.

That is good advice.

Archived