Opinions on these shoes?

I have a pair of shoes similar to http://http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensSandals&BLC=WomensSandalsTrendy&Width=Regular&DescriptiveColor=Gold&ItemCode=55906&LotNumber=054493&Type=Adult&cm_id=coloritemgraphic

with the exceptions being that it has a toe-loop and there is quite a bit more beading on my shoes (they are the same color however). I know that's clear as mud, but that's a general idea. I was wondering if these would be too casual or inappropriate in the dining room on an informal night. Obviously one would need nice feet, meaning a very recent pedicure and lots of lotion so there isn't "flip flop feet" lurking under the table. I have a nice pair of light weight wool crop style pants that these look really nice with. I wore these under my foo foo wedding dress, and they were so comfortable and I had lots of compliments. We were married in Valley of Fire Las Vegas and we had to climb a very large rock to get to the red rock formation we were married by. It was definately a sight in my rather large dress.

I can't get the link to open.

But just from your description, I'm sure they would be fantastic! These days with so many people wearing flip-flops to ALL events, I'd think that short of barefoot, anything is fine.

I've worn thongs (footwear, not underwear) in the dining room for dinner. they were "dressy" ones. Not the rubber kind you buy at Old Navy for a few bucks. I'm a shoe diva and felt perfectly fine with them on. :p

Also, it was necessary because I had a nasty sunburn on the top of my feet and no other shoes would suffice.

Your link has some typoes in it... Here's the correct link:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensSandals&BLC=WomensSandalsTrendy&Width=Regular&DescriptiveColor=Gold&ItemCode=55906&LotNumber=054493&Type=Adult&cm_id=coloritemgraphic

Personally, I'm not sure I'd feel formal enough in those shoes... But that's because I always want a little heel on my shoes when I'm in formal dress. For a sandal, I think these shoes are really pretty, and if they match the formality and tone of your outfit, and more importantly, if YOU feel comfortable in them, then by all means, go for it!

Even though I'm only 5' 1/4" (I get to officially ad the 1/4" after my last bone scan!), I have this fear of falling in high heels (I have osteoporosis at 35 years old and have broken my arm and foot in falls within the last year). I'm a stay home mom, and needless to say I'm covered in mom goop all day so I wear flat sandals and tennis shoes all the time (which come in handy when you have to sprint across the Joann fabric store chasing your unruly 3 year old!). I think for my formal dress I might surprise DH with some strappy little low heels, and then change after dinner so that I won't be more likely to fall. Wouldn't that be a bummer, I'm making a grand entrance and I go flying forward as the ship hits rough waters and I break my arm, but worse yet I break a heel on my shoe! As I get older, and my breaks are occuring more frequently I tend to wear lower and lower heels, although I've always loved them. Thank you very much for your feedback, I appreciate it.

These shoes have made it on to the packing list. I love them, but I wasn't sure if it was a sentimental type of love because I was married in them or just a love because they're pretty. Even though it's an Alaskan cruise, we're leaving at the end of June and most of our sailing will be in July when (hopefully) the temps will have warmed up just a little bit. At least it should be warm in Seattle the day we embark...hopefully.

since I twisted an ankle falling off heels in rough seas....I have to advise christen99 to wear flats...cute/fancy ones.

hate to have a break at sea:(

That would definately be me! I'm such a clutz by nature, always bonking my head, walking into doorways, hitting my shin on our furniture that hasn't moved in 4 years, I'm afraid that adding the movement of the ocean to my clutziness and maybe a drink or two would be a cocktail for disaster in heels.

:eek:

Add my name to the group who has gone to flatter and flatter shoes, the older I get. This last cruise I nearly went barefoot because my feet swelled and my shoes were so painfully tight. Couldn't make myself do it, though.

I also have decided that ankle straps are a necesity to keep my feet in place so they don't slide off the shoe and twist my ankle. Good arch supports are important too.

Archived