Dawn Aloha Deck

captpeachy

We were aft on Aloha (a 700 room) and loved the deck out back. We often had it to ourselves. It was so convenient. We booked a similar room aft on Aloha on our next Dawn cruise (to Alaska).

Don't mean to hijack this thread but...

We are on our first cruise as well on the Dawn and have A210. Will we really feel the ship move there??

That depends on the condition of the sea. If flat, no. If 20 foot waves, yes.

706 should be good - it looks like it's under the Lotus Spa, so you shouldn't have a lot of furniture moving in the wee small hours. We were under the area next to the ice cream station, and it seemed like they were always moving furniture. Nancy

Are 20 foot waves normal???

No. I used that as an extreme example so you would understand. Typical is two to six feet. With two foot waves you'll need some help to see that the ship is moving (such as the water in the pool moving even though no one is in the pool). At six feet you will not need help to notice that the ship is moving, but it will feel more like a rocking motion. At around 7.5 feet some people on the ship will get sea sick. I have been on six cruises and have only been in 7.5 seas once. Usually it is in the two to four foot range, which is easy enough for a big cruise ship to handle.

Also, remember, the cruise ships have stabilizers, which are like airplane wings under the water. They act like shock absorbers, reducing the rolling motion of the ship.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but...

We are on our first cruise as well on the Dawn and have A210. Will we really feel the ship move there??

Well, as other posters have indicated the closer to the bow you may feel more motion. However, on the plus side, you are only two flights of stairs to the Horizon Court Buffet. I consider this a plus. It is easy to grab a snack to take back to your balcony stateroom. Or, even dinner. :)

We were in A602 and my sister was in A702 we loved the location on the Aloha Deck. We enoyed the deck in the back and going up one floor to the gym and hot tubs. I do not think the elevators will be a problem.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived