Next Cruise Onboard Booking Promotion

One would think!

I'm sure this is not a fleet-wide problem, and it's very possible that there weren't any certificates onboard Liberty until she arrived in Florida. However, it's a good idea for CCers to be aware that they may not receive unless they ask.

Karen

We got them on the May 14th cruise......didnt even know about them,but received two of them..

I will continue to book onboard paying the FULLY REFUNDABLE deposit for any old cruise and change to the one that really appeals to me later. I don't ever plan to give anyone $100 I can't get back no matter what. This will be a real cash cow for RCI - can you imagine how many will die, divorce, get pregnant, etc. and be unable to cruise? I'm just too tight for this deal, LOL.:D

Oh,I know I'll be booking aniother cruise......Hope never to get divorced.......too old to get pregnant....and if I die.less for my kids.......:)

That's great for those that want to tie up the full deposit for that length of time. Although the $100 is non-refundable, it does not expire. I would rather RCCL hold on to my $100 for a year or so, rather than my $750 (that it would take us to secure a date for a family of 3 and keep moving it around). If I die before I get my cruise booked, $100 will be the least of my family's worries.

I agree with Tina on this one. This give you time to really research what cruise you want to do and it's like an insurance policy for when the new itineraries come out.........you can get the best cabin selection and then pay the remainder of the balance. This is a no brainer booking perk IMHO.

Oh,I know I'll be booking another cruise......Hope never to get divorced.......too old to get pregnant....and if I die.less for my kids.......:)

ROFL LOL...........so you like to SKI also...........Spending Kids Inheritance and since we have just one son.........there ain't no way he's getting it all!!

Just wanted to share some information I learned today.

As many of you know, when you book a NextCruise option, you can get certificates for your friends/family. When you make a booking using your NextCruise booking number, you give a certificate to friends or family who want to sail with you. If they book within 30 days of your booking and send the certificate in to Royal Caribbean within 7 days following their deposit, they receive the same onboard credit that you do. (This applies if you book through a travel agent as well.)

When I purchased a NextCruise option onboard the May 7 Liberty pre-inaugural, I was not given any certificates. According to someone in the Crown & Anchor department with whom I spoke today, be certain to ask the Loyalty Ambassador for the certificates when you purchase the NextCruise option. If s/he sends the paperwork to your cabin and you do not receive the certificates, go back and get them before you leave the ship. The LA will not necessarily tell you about the certificates nor offer them.

Lesson learned and shared!

Thanks for the info karen. Between my sister & I we have purchased 3 next Cruises & the longest that it was "not a real cruise" was 2 months:eek: . We are so bad. I really wish we had another one right now too. ANyway, we booked those 3 on 2 different ships and nothing was said about the certificate--guess it is new, just like the no expiration.

At first,Im like SKI?? HUH?? here in FL???:p

sure--water ski!!! My kids don't care, just as long as I have their treats;)

Am I missing it...or can you tell me how long you can hold these booking numbers?

thanks!

FOREVER. when the program first started--we booked our first one in February, the booking number was only good for 3 years. By the next month, that had changed to NO expiration date. It's a no brainer for us. My sister and I travel together and sometimes we go with her husband and others with our other sister. but what we are doing is just booking a single next cruise--paying the $100.00 hold deposit and then going about our merry way. then when we book the real cruise, we pay the difference. Very nice

You can use your Seapass for NextCruise as PH8 confirmed, it shows up on your credit card as a Royal Caribbean charge. Just beware of the future cruise consultant on Serenade. This is the second time she has done this, she apparently puts bookings under the "man's" name. Last time I asked to be Passenger 1 for the onboard credit, and instead she listed him first. For Next Cruise, I checked the box and asked her to put it on my Seapass. (Which is linked to RCCL card)Noo. She put it on the husband's Seapass which is linked to some bank card! I am slightly ticked as the travel planner in the family. :rolleyes:

I just booked a cruise AND a Future Cruise Credit on board the Serenade and I had the complete opposite experience. For the first time ever, I am listed as Guest #1 and DH is #2. In the past, even though I am the one that does the booking and it goes on MY credit card, DH was always listed as the primary guest.

I will continue to book onboard paying the FULLY REFUNDABLE deposit for any old cruise and change to the one that really appeals to me later. I don't ever plan to give anyone $100 I can't get back no matter what. This will be a real cash cow for RCI - can you imagine how many will die, divorce, get pregnant, etc. and be unable to cruise? I'm just too tight for this deal, LOL.:D

Each to their own. RCL has had my $500 deposit (6months) before I cruise. That $$ in my bank acct instead of RCL would be nice. For us, I will be booking at least two Next Cruises. $100-200 is makes more economical sense to us. Glad they have this program, it's more friendly for my budget, and does not impact it at all.

Thanks for the info karen. Between my sister & I we have purchased 3 next Cruises & the longest that it was "not a real cruise" was 2 months:eek: . We are so bad. I really wish we had another one right now too. ANyway, we booked those 3 on 2 different ships and nothing was said about the certificate--guess it is new, just like the no expiration.

And you didn't save one for our Liberty of the CCs group cruise on Nov. 8, 2008??? Maybe you can pick up another on one of your upcoming cruises. ;)

Oh,I know I'll be booking aniother cruise......Hope never to get divorced.......too old to get pregnant....and if I die.less for my kids.......:)

LMAO!!!!!!!! That about covers it.........besides........after 13 cruises my math works this way..........

13 cruises taken

4 more cruises booked

That equals I will probably cruise again

$100 Next Cruise deposit or let them take my $500 (or more) interest free for up to 22 months.......

Shipboard credit equals more than I could make on interest for that $100..........

Now that is some funky math.:)

You can use your Seapass for NextCruise as PH8 confirmed, it shows up on your credit card as a Royal Caribbean charge. Just beware of the future cruise consultant on Serenade. This is the second time she has done this, she apparently puts bookings under the "man's" name. Last time I asked to be Passenger 1 for the onboard credit, and instead she listed him first. For Next Cruise, I checked the box and asked her to put it on my Seapass. (Which is linked to RCCL card)Noo. She put it on the husband's Seapass which is linked to some bank card! I am slightly ticked as the travel planner in the family. :rolleyes:

That wasn't Soledad was it?:(

No. Nice gal, Eileen is one of the dancers and future cruise consultant. 3 bookings with her, and very minor errors or "glitches" with all 3 of them. Another couple on this recent cruise found that she had booked them into the wrong category when they checked their onboard booking at the onboard computer station.

I asked her to use MY Seapass, and I should have just listed my RCCL card instead. But I don't really like my CC number floating around on stray pieces of paper on the Next Cruise form. We have separate accounts, I don't know why she used DH's Seapass instead of mine. We are only out 400 points, but still!:o

The Loyalty Ambassador was Cecilia, and she was very nice and very efficient!

I too, wish they had a secure drop box for the Next Cruise forms. :)

Isujim--I like the way your mind thinks! We call that 'margarita math' at my house!

We call it around our house.........."justification":D

In March she was on the Jewel:eek: .........seems to sure get moved a lot if it was:)

That's right, Inga on Radiance told us it was the Jewel that she was moved to. I think they are trying to find her the perfect ship to suit her personality!!;)

That's right, Inga on Radiance told us it was the Jewel that she was moved to. I think they are trying to find her the perfect ship to suit her personality!!;)

I'm not even sure there is a response to this........oh there is.....just can't post it:D

• 1 month later...

What would the onboard credit be for a 9 night cruise if we book one for next year while onboard in October?

And am I correct that we should get a certifcate for friends who can book at $100 pp as well and get the onboard credit if booking within 30 days of the coupon?

Archived