Destiny Lido deck, do rooms closer to pool noisier get noisier?

Middleager

Hi.

We have two couples going on the Destiny on Lido deck (deck plan here). We like rooms 9166 and 9154 that are away from the possible crowd. People from the stairs, elevators should usually go to the opposite direction (to middle of ship) to get to the pool and buffet food.

We also see rooms 9198, 9200, and 9202 available. These are closer to the pool/buffet. Although there are behind a wall separating the usual path people take to get to the pool/buffet, but some people still walk around. Have anyone stayed rooms like 9198, 9200, 9202, and do you get crowd and noise often, or are they relatively quiet?

Thanks.

I have not been on the Destiny but stayed on the Lido deck on the Triumph and Victory in the same general location of cabin 9200 you are looking at. There was no noise from the deck parties or from traffic in the hallways. The Lido deck is my most favorite deck to be on. When you are at the pool it is a quick walk back to your cabin to take a quick rest or just the convenience of using your own bathroom in your cabin.

Thanks Tanislandgirl (nice name).

That's why I'm a little concerned. Lido deck is a busy deck as a lot of people go there for breakfast, and the pool, or the 24-hr food. So it is one of the busiest decks if not the most busy one.

Just curious, are you a light or heavy sleeper. I'm a light sleeper, and so am sensitive to noise.

We stayed in 9188 last summer, right behind the elevators....I don't think there was any more noise than you have on any other deck. The folk in the cabin next to us were really loud and slammed their doors a lot, but we didn't have noise from the hall traffic. We slept well and would stay on the lido deck again because it is convenient and you have a great view from the balcony.

Hi.

We have two couples going on the Destiny on Lido deck (deck plan here). We like rooms 9166 and 9154 that are away from the possible crowd. People from the stairs, elevators should usually go to the opposite direction (to middle of ship) to get to the pool and buffet food.

We also see rooms 9198, 9200, and 9202 available. These are closer to the pool/buffet. Although there are behind a wall separating the usual path people take to get to the pool/buffet, but some people still walk around. Have anyone stayed rooms like 9198, 9200, 9202, and do you get crowd and noise often, or are they relatively quiet?

Thanks.

I leave next week and am in one of those rooms. I will post a review after our return. I hope they are not noisy but will accept some noise for convienence.

RUF

Archived