On ship right now! PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!

I was on the Victory with you, and my question is: Did you make your 5:45 flight? That was the biggest cluster I have ever seen. The only way out of the Port was on a jet ski. We finally managed to get a porter and tipped the poor guy $50 for 5 bags. What a messed up ending to a wonderful cruise!

We had a similar situation....we were able to check our bags about 4 to 5 hours before the flight. I would suggest with all your bags and kids to grab a porter and ask for his help. Our porter took all our bags to the check-in area, he processed our check-in on the computers for me, then he took our bags to the x-ray machine (went right to the front of the line) and said we were done and could relax!!! Gave him a very generous tip and was thrilled to get the help. We had booked a day rate room at the Embassy Suites, but found that by the time you went through check-in, grabbed some lunch and went through the x-ray stuff that the room was a BIG WASTE OF MONEY!!! Time flies in airports now because you have to go through so much security, etc. I would find that porter and take your family for a nice lunch then wait for departure.

I would not suggest an excursion at this point...trust me you will be exhausted and I would not want any problems getting back to the airport and chancing missing the flight with such young kids.

I was reading all the thoughful and helpful suggestions (the half day at the hotel one sounds most appealing to me) and thinking that it was great that noone had not really chided the OP for not planning in advance. Of course, it had to happen. Oh, well. Good Luck with whatever you chooose.

I was thinking the same thing. There always seems to be one who for some reason feels this is necessary.:(

Archived