cheap airfare out of detroit ?

lssg

When using a search engine(s) to examine fare and flight options, enable the feature that allows one to fly to/from nearby airports. If possible, consider flying a day early and staying a day late.

We flew home the Sunday after Thanksgiving last year. The prices were high & never went down. If you find a price you're comfortable with, you better grab it. Friends of our booked their flights through the cruiseline & got good prices.

Gail

Supply and demand. You want to travel to cruise when everyone else wants to fly to see Grandma. Expecting a great fare then is a foolish wish -- every airline knows that they can fill every seat, so why should they chose to cut the prices?

well I did it...I was able to find airfare for under $100 each way to Ft lauderdale...I can't wait to go....

Thats a very good price - were you expecting lower?? Anything from Detroit to Lauderdale or Miami under $300 roundtrip is very good.

Ron

Wow! What a deal! We paid $343 on AirTran last year and that was the best we could do. I looked for months. One couple in our group did get tickets for around $220 on AA but that was 2 months out and I'd never wait that long! You did good!!!

I was very surprised to get such a good price for airfare around thanksgiving time. All the other airfares I was finding was around $350 - $400. So I am very pleased.

I was very surprised to get such a good price for airfare around thanksgiving time. All the other airfares I was finding was around $350 - $400. So I am very pleased.

Grace L Ferguson Airplane and Storm Door Company??? (For those of you old enough to remember that old Bob Newhart routine)

We are taking a cruise that leaves the Saturday after Thanksgiving and are flying out the day after Thanksgiving to Ft. Lauderdale (from Detroit). Prices were MUCH cheapter than flying on Thanksgiving or Sat/Sun of the weekend.....Spent $225 R/T on AirTran

Grace L Ferguson Airplane and Storm Door Company??? (For those of you old enough to remember that old Bob Newhart routine)

I wondered what happened to that Ford TriMotor they had hanging in the HF Museum in Dearborn!!!

Ron

I'm in a similar situation - we are flying into Miami (or FLL) from Chicago in Nov and I've been waiting for SW to publish it's fares before booking. Can I ask where you found your airfare through?

If I found it for under $100 each way I'd definitely book it now!!:D

• 1 month later...

Our friends just booked with spirit airlines for thanksgiving time and paid $55 each way from detroit to Ft lauderdale and AirTrans has fare around $89 each way from detroit to ft lauderdale

We almost always fly Spirit DTW to FLL and have had great luck around that time of year. I've found that as long as you're not trying to fly in the 3 or 4 days right around US Thanksgiving you can get great deals with Spirit. I think we've used them 6 times now in late November early Dec and the most we've ever pd is $160 RT incl tax.

We cruise the saturday days after ThanksGiving and got our flight for $198.60 RT per person on Northwest non-stop to FLL from DTW flying out TG day.

We prefer to cruise the week following TG because the rates on the cruises and airfare seem to be at their lowest. We have found that traveling ON ThanksGiving or on "BLACK" Friday (for us shoppers) is usually going to be cheaper. Most travelers are flying out the day before TG (wednesday), so on TG day the airports are somewhat empty. This is the third time we have cruised the week after TG, so this has been our experience.

Where and how did you get your flights? Are you going on the Victory 11/18? We had ours booked for Tampa, but just changed to Miami. Now, I need to arrange airfare, etc. I'm from Grand Rapids area. Let me know if you get a chance. Thanks!

jschafter6161 - Always nice to see someone from our area. We're not far from you in Muskegon. I was born in G.R. We fly from Muskegon to Detroit & then to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale depending on the cruise. We never get the real good deals, because we fly out of Muskegon.

Gail

• 2 weeks later...

sign up for spirit airlines emails they send great deals every week...thats how we learned about the $55 each way around thanksgiving time flying out of detroit to ft lauderdale...and airtrans web site still shows great fares for around thanksgiving time flying out of detroit to ft lauderdale

Where and how did you get your flights? Are you going on the Victory 11/18? We had ours booked for Tampa, but just changed to Miami. Now, I need to arrange airfare, etc. I'm from Grand Rapids area. Let me know if you get a chance. Thanks!

Hello jschafer,

I just got email about some specials to Florida maybe you would like to look at that. Perhaps the dates that you need are not there but maybe the price for the dates that you need is also 'good'.

http://www.airtran.com/sale/DTW.aspx?saleID=312&CMP=EMC-netescapes&ATT=HTML0

Last time when we flew to Florida from Flint (back in april) there were few people on the plane with us that drove to Flint from Grand Rapids area, so maybe that is anothor option for you.

Wes

Archived