Question about what to wear on Formal Night

BamaBaby

I only have 1 gown to wear on formal night. I know I could wear it twice but I'm just not comfortable with this solution. I have a pair of very nice black capris and a basic black jacket that is embellished with gold embroidery. If I wear heals & pearls with this, do you think I will be dressed appropriately? Please be honest! You will not hurt my feelings. I would rather come up with another solution than to be embarressed because I am underdressed. Thak you for your thoughts.

-Brenda

I only have 1 gown to wear on formal night. I know I could wear it twice but I'm just not comfortable with this solution. I have a pair of very nice black capris and a basic black jacket that is embellished with gold embroidery. If I wear heals & pearls with this, do you think I will be dressed appropriately? Please be honest! You will not hurt my feelings. I would rather come up with another solution than to be embarressed because I am underdressed. Thak you for your thoughts.

-Brenda

Even though I used to have a cocktail pants suit (very dressy) that had capri pants, you might feel more comfortable wearing long slacks and the dressy jacket. That being said, if you wear the capris, you will see some people more dressed up and some less. Formal seems to have become whatever people are comfortable with. I've seen people in everything from casual to Church wear to ball gown formal. I'd say if you make the attempt and you feel good about yourself, no one will criticize you (and unless that person should be your mother what does it really matter?)

I went to Stein Mart & bought a 3/4 length black skirt for $30.00! I guess I'm all set. At least I feel better now. I will take the capris & wear them for a dressy casual night. At least DH will be happy because I will only have to have 1 pair of black heels for both outfits. Thanks ladies.

-Brenda

I went to Stein Mart & bought a 3/4 length black skirt for $30.00! I guess I'm all set. At least I feel better now. I will take the capris & wear them for a dressy casual night. At least DH will be happy because I will only have to have 1 pair of black heels for both outfits. Thanks ladies.

-Brenda

I love Stein Mart! I think you will be happy with your choice.

Enjoy your cruise!

-Brenda

Please tell us about your 3/4 length black skirt from Steinmart... What a bargain..:) Must go to Steinmart & check it out..I have a long black skirt which does not wrinkle & can be rolled up..Wonder if your 3/4 length one made of the same type of material & could it also be used as a Smart Casual Skirt with a different top or is it too dressy?

Looking for something different for a 26 day cruise which is all "Smart Casual"...Have lots of different tops..

Yes know we're traitors, but will be back to HAL next year!

Thanks..Betty

Well, Betty, I actually found several skirts in the Boutique! The one I bought has a sheer overlay with a ruffled hem that makes it look extra special. I was preparing for the worst when I turned the tag over to see the price, after all, I was in the 'Boutique' section. Imagine my shock to see $29.95! There were several other styles, even one with sequin embellishment. All of them were very reasonable! I was considering going to the consignment shop but I'm so glad I checked Stein Mart before I went!

-Brenda

Well, Betty, I actually found several skirts in the Boutique! The one I bought has a sheer overlay with a ruffled hem that makes it look extra special. I was preparing for the worst when I turned the tag over to see the price, after all, I was in the 'Boutique' section. Imagine my shock to see $29.95! There were several other styles, even one with sequin embellishment. All of them were very reasonable! I was considering going to the consignment shop but I'm so glad I checked Stein Mart before I went!-Brenda

Thanks Brenda...They must be having a sale..Will have to go check it out..Great Price..Thanks Again & enjoy your cruise..:) Betty

Archived