Parasailing in Key west???

Ivy86

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter and her friend want to do parasailing while we are in Key West on the Sept 17 sailing of the Celebration. Which company is closest to where we dock, which I believe will be near Mallory Square. Thanks

My daughter and her friend want to do parasailing while we are in Key West on the Sept 17 sailing of the Celebration. Which company is closest to where we dock, which I believe will be near Mallory Square. Thanks

There is a Fury Departure Point right at the Mallory Docks, #1 on the map. I know this is where one of the big Fury catamarans reparts from and I think there is a parasail from there, too. If this is the case it is the closest to you and not a bad price for a tandom parasail...

http://www.furycat.com/key-west/map-to-attractions-boats.htm

Pjk

Is the lenght of a tandem parasail ride longer than if you "fly" solo? Also, how long does a parasail ride usually last, and do all the companies offer the same length, or is one longer than another? I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck! We are cruising on RCI so will be getting off at Pier B, so are most of the companies at the Mallory Square pier? Any help in making a decision will be appreciated. Also, parasailing in Key West, Nassau, or Coco Cay - any advantages to one over the other location?

Is the lenght of a tandem parasail ride longer than if you "fly" solo? Also, how long does a parasail ride usually last, and do all the companies offer the same length, or is one longer than another? I'm trying to get the best bang for my buck! We are cruising on RCI so will be getting off at Pier B, so are most of the companies at the Mallory Square pier? Any help in making a decision will be appreciated. Also, parasailing in Key West, Nassau, or Coco Cay - any advantages to one over the other location?

The trip should be the same length whether you are alone or tandem. The saving is two people generally pay slightly less pp than a single flier. I've seen times advertised as little as 12 minutes to 24 minutes with the average being approx 15 minutes. This company advertises the longest ride...

http://www.keywestwatertours.com/

...and the Segabo advertises 12 - 24 minutes which I can't figure out. I think the Fury goes out of the Mallory Dock area, then the next closest is a 5 minute walk along the water to Duval Street, near where the glass bottom boat moors, between the Ocean Key Resort and the Pier House. After that you need to walk an additioanl 5 minutes to the Key West Bight, but you have to swing inland a little along Front Street. All of these are easy to get to.

Pjk

I just received an email from Sebago for 1/2 price parasailing.

$24.50 singles and $39.50 for tandem.

I have used them before and will be going again on my cruise in January.

This is an email only special and must be booked within 10 days.

Here is the link:

www.keywestsebago.com/parasailing-special.php

Have a GREAT day!

• 2 weeks later...

hi all....my wife went parasailing in labadee, haiti..i was a big chicken but got to ride along in the boat while she went up. susan told me that it was an awesome experience and that she cannot wait to do it again.

so, we will be in key west this october and she will be right up there again. and i will stay in the boat.

jeff

I just received an email from Sebago for 1/2 price parasailing.

$24.50 singles and $39.50 for tandem.

I have used them before and will be going again on my cruise in January.

This is an email only special and must be booked within 10 days.

Here is the link:

www.keywestsebago.com/parasailing-special.php

Have a GREAT day!

Dear Raceroc,

Thanks for the link for the 1/2 price parasailing. I just booked with them the other day via your link. This will save me a lot of money and allow me to do something else too while we are in Key West. I am really looking forward to trying parasailing and am glad I was able to convince my DH.

Thanks again, cruisefreak13

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know the weight limits for a tandem at Seabago? We wanted to fly with them last March, but got refunds because it was too windy. I respect them for not going out. I don't recall if we asked about weight limits back then -- but know their web site says "restrictions" but does not expound.

Does anyone know the weight limits for a tandem at Seabago? We wanted to fly with them last March, but got refunds because it was too windy. I respect them for not going out. I don't recall if we asked about weight limits back then -- but know their web site says "restrictions" but does not expound.

I really don't know but U should call them.:)

Archived