Past Guest Pin?

udamudda

When do they give you the past guess pin for the ship? On our last cruise on the Pride, I received an invitation and my husband did not. Needless to say we passed because he was not happy even though I told him I could have said something. We then realized we did not receive pins this cruise.

When do they give them?

Thanks,

Bren

It is a lapel pin of the ship you are on. We received ours with our past guest invitation. They were put in our cabin by the room steward. You should of said something to the pursor desk. They could of fix the problem I'm sure.

Sometimes they give them at the past guest party. We missed the last one and went to the purser's desk and they provided them once we showed our invitation to the PG party. For different ships they may give them with the invite or at the party.

We have always gotten our pins when we received the invite to the Past Guest Party. When we cruised our 4th cruise, we got one invite and one pin for jusy my DH. I went to the pursers desk and asked what the heck was up with that. They stated that I was not showing as a past guest. They looked me up on the computer under his past guess number and guess who was the preson that had traveled with him on those three previous cruises. YEP IT WAS ME his DW, they gave me my pin and invite. When I booked our 5th cruise I made sure that our PVP had us both listed as past guests and that we would have no issues. You can also tell a past guest by the S&S card that is given. If you receive a red/white/blue card you are on your first cruise. The Gold Card is for returning cruisers up to the 10th and then you get the Platinum card.

When do they give you the past guess pin for the ship? On our last cruise on the Pride, I received an invitation and my husband did not. Needless to say we passed because he was not happy even though I told him I could have said something. We then realized we did not receive pins this cruise.

When do they give them?

Thanks,

Bren

Bren, on the Pride, you have to attend the Past Guest party to get your pin.

Fred

We have always gotten our pins when we received the invite to the Past Guest Party. When we cruised our 4th cruise, we got one invite and one pin for jusy my DH. I went to the pursers desk and asked what the heck was up with that. They stated that I was not showing as a past guest. They looked me up on the computer under his past guess number and guess who was the preson that had traveled with him on those three previous cruises. YEP IT WAS ME his DW, they gave me my pin and invite. When I booked our 5th cruise I made sure that our PVP had us both listed as past guests and that we would have no issues. You can also tell a past guest by the S&S card that is given. If you receive a red/white/blue card you are on your first cruise. The Gold Card is for returning cruisers up to the 10th and then you get the Platinum card.

HI, not always so on the S&S cards..they would not give me a gold one last week on the HOLIDAY - bookin person at terminal didn't know why it came up as a blue/red one and told me to ask for a replacement gold one at the purser's desk but the purser said they had 'ran out' of gold cards..sorry excuse as that was I had to deal with a red/blue one throughout the cruise and I didn't see any gold cards on that ship...how a ship 'runs out' of something like that is another story all together....

Only once did I receive the lapel pin with my invitation to the PG party. All other times, I was handed the pin as I entered the party.

Not looking at anyone's history - I guess everybody realizes that the PG party and pins are available only on cruises of five nights or longer...?:)

Rede2parte -

I was on the Holiday on May 3-7. As a past guest my card was gold, but during the trip it stopped working, so I had to go to the desk for a replacement card. The purser told me they were out of the gold past guest cards, and I got a blue/red replacement card as well. It could be that they have been out of them for a while now . . . Another sign that they are getting ready to replace the Holiday??

We both received our gold cards, but no invite for DH. Not a problem since we didn't end up attending. I think I'll try writing and see if I can get the pins. Didn't even think about it until we were home.

Thanks,

Also when you fill out your FUN PASS it asks if you are a past guest? Make sure you answer "YES" and fill in your past guest number for ALL passengers in the cabin. You can find your past guest number on the address label of the Currents magazine OR call Carnival and ask for it. If you arrive at the terminal and are given a Blue card AND you are a past guest go the the information desk onboard and they will research your history and give you a gold past guest card.

On the Valor, the pin arrives with the Past Guest party invitation. I would encourage you to go because you receive free drinks and appetizers and they bring you up to date on Carnival's new ships, etc. They will fix you a special drink if you ask. It is really a nice gathering. Also each family member has their own past guest number.

Archived