Jan '08- Destiny southern Carib vs Valor western

mjmiller

argh - choices, choices... ;-)

I want to book a cruise today for next January. I'm looking at two dif ships/itineraries. I like the southern itinerary, but dh likes newer ships (less wear and tear, more amenities). The possibilities:

Destiny, 1/27, San Juan, St Thomas, Dominica, St Kitts, Barbados and La Romana (Dominican Republic). We've been to all of these ports except La Romana, and at St Thomas we haven't gone over to St John yet. Also - there could be changes at these ports, we haven't been to them since 2000 and/or 2003.

Valor, 1/20, Miami, 2 sea days, Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya. We've been to Cayman and Belize already - Cayman was nice once, but I'm not thrilled about returning.

Please - if you have any comments/thoughts that might help me out, I'd love to hear them! and NO, we can't do both!

THANKS

marcia

will airfare play into your decision- price them out for both places--it may help you decide

I noticed you're from Wisconsin. I live in Iowa and flying to Puerto Rico isn't cheap to say the least! :) Are you close enough to drive into Chicago/O'Hare? If you are, it can save you some money. We actually booked our PR flight through Carnival leaving through Moline, IL (30-40 minute drive) and they've beat anything I've been able to find on my own.

I would say your decision also could rest on the itinerary. Do you want to do more ports or spend more time on the ship? If that factors in, you'll be able to see a lot more ports sailing Destiny. Valor is a newer ship, though and if you want to spend more time on the ship, you might be happier on a newer ship.

Good luck with your decision! It's a rough one! :)

Archived