Help! Need a hotel for a couple of hours

CrystalBlue

I will be arriving at MCO at 12 am on the morning of my cruise. Any recommedation of hotels I could stay at for a couple of hours until I leave for Port Carnaveral. Should I stay near MCO or try to find an hotel near Port Carnaveral?

Thanks

I've never stayed near Port Canaveral, but MCO is only about 20 minutes from the millions of cheap Disney area hotels. You'll have to pay for a full night, but you can get some of these places really cheap...depending on how picky you are. I stayed at the Knights Inn on Irlo Bronson Highway, and it was cheap ($40 a night) and we felt safe, but it was less than appealing from a cleanliness perspective (I wore my flip flops in the shower). I wouldn't stay there again, but I will admit to being a bit of a hotel snob. :)

I've never stayed near Port Canaveral, but MCO is only about 20 minutes from the millions of cheap Disney area hotels. You'll have to pay for a full night, but you can get some of these places really cheap...depending on how picky you are. I stayed at the Knights Inn on Irlo Bronson Highway, and it was cheap ($40 a night) and we felt safe, but it was less than appealing from a cleanliness perspective (I wore my flip flops in the shower). I wouldn't stay there again, but I will admit to being a bit of a hotel snob. :)
Me too! Thanks for the information.

We stayed at a LaQuinta in Orlando a few years back. Got the room on Priceline and pleasantly surprised. I believe there are two LaQuinta's near the airport and both have shuttle service to/from the airport but not sure how late. The hotel was fine and had exterior doors. Know some people feel unsafe with this kind of set up but it was within a locked parking lot so not an issue. The breakfast in the morning was great and free. Service was excellent. We've booked some dumps on International Drive in Orlando trying to save $$ while at Disney....we looked at the rooms and left. The LaQuinta would be one that I would stay at again especially in your case. We rented a car at the airport and then drove to Port Canaveral the next day. If you didn't want to do that, you could just take the shuttle back to the airport and take advantage of the Carnival transfer the day of the cruise.

MCO airport has hotel inside of it. I can't remember the name..sorry. We stayed a couple of hours during the day waiting on our flight home. It must have been reasonable or we wouldn't have stay there. It was very clean and secure. Maybe someone can help me with the name. They let you rent 1/2 days.

Angie

• 3 weeks later...

I would stay at one of the airport hotels. Grab a snack at the airport and pick up the shuttle to the hotel. Sleep in til about 10am have breakfast then head to the airport for the shuttle to the ship.

Its easy.

Linda

Archived