What's your plan for the day in GT?

BeachTeach

For those of you who have been what did you do during your day at Grand Turk? If you haven't been what is your plan for the day? I can't decide if we should explore on our own or do an excursion. We are only there from 7:00-2:30. Thanks!

We did the hop-on, hop-off bus. We didn't want to do a beach day, and we really wanted to see the island, so the bus worked for us. Our first stop was at the lighthouse area (you aren't able to actually climb the stairs in the lighthouse). There's a gift shop, a snack place, and several trails that you can explore.

We then went to town (I can't think of the name of it), and walked around a bit. With this excursion, you can walk through the old prison, and then around town. There's not much in the town, but there are several vendor type stalls where they sell local artwork and t-shirts, etc.

After doing this for an hour or so, we caught the bus back to the port area. It seems like these buses came around every 15-minutes or so.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Grand Turk in April- we took a taxi into town for $5 each- walked around town, took photographs, went to the museum- then spent the rest of the day at Margaritaville. Great swimming in the pool and at the beach there.

We were able to sit at the pool for 3 hours until we went on the mini-boats for another 3 hours...was one of my favorite stops out of the 4.

I have the mini aqua boat booked for August. Can you tell me a little about it? Did you enjoy? Was it difficult to get in and out of the boats? How was the snorkeling? I thank you for your input.

Archived