Long Beach - where to stay?

skiorcruise

Thanks for the info. We are going to stay there, we won't have to worry about driving anywhere.....they have a shuttle (free) that will take us where we want to go and pick us up. They also have a restaurant there with a bar. We will probably venture downtown.....so I'm happy they have the shuttle...if we decide to go anywhere..

One other question...any liquor stores close by or stores (you can buy it in grocery stores right?) We can't do that here where I live...LOL

Yes, you can buy liquor in grocery stores, even drug stores here. (I remember going to grad school in Missouri and the liquor aisles would be literally covered on Sundays, if the store was even open).

The area around Shoreline Village (Queen Mary is right there and a free shuttle away from the Aquarium) seems pretty safe. We were walking along the shoreline at night one day last summer. There also is an amusement area around there that maybe we should return to check out.

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western of ong Beach on Long Beach Blvd.?? I know that it's a couple miles from the cruise ship dock, but I can get a good govt. discount on a room.

My DH and I stayed there in May 06 for our Carnival cruise and it was very nice and very comfortable bed too. They have continental bkfst. and they have the park and sail which we used and took the shuttle from the hotel to the ship. We paid 140.00 for the park and sail (stay for 1 night and left car there for 7 days) but I have checked the price again for Feb. 08 and the price was 169.00 so don't know if the price was raised or it's just for that time of year. Theres also a great Mexican restaurant right next door that serves a great breakfast. OJ is fresh squeezed and tastes sooo good. Good luck!

Dawn

5/14/2006 Carnival Pride Honeymoon Cruise!

2/24/2008 Carnival Pride Family Vacation!

Just a quick update.

I put in a bid for a 3* in the Long Beach / San Pedro area at $65 and was accepted at the Crowne Plaza hotel (was Sherton). I am familar with the area, and my father knows it well. We are happy with the result, even though it is not Long Beach & close to the Carnival pier.

I'll add to this post with our experience after the cruise (early September).

someone asked about the Best Western Long Beach - father says it's good, not spectacular. The Sunrise in San Pedro (once a Best Western, but not anymore from what I read here) is another story. Older and musty, uneven floors and elevators that don't work. Clean rooms and nice people, close to the waterfront restraunts (& a good one next door). Was neat to watch a freighter come in from our room, but traffic noise was evident. I'd skip it, but not bad for people on a budget.

I just called to check prices on Coast Long Beach hotel for January cruise & they said they don't have the prices yet....they are renovating & won't know for sure what will be done by then......said I'd have to check back later.....so much for trying to get things done early.......hopefully they know soon.....

Can't wait for January.......

Sharon

Archived