Mexico cruises?

Workmom2

I jst got off the Celebrity site and was not able to find any Mexico Riv. cruises.... Does anyone know what the story is? Would love to take another cruise on Celebrity!

Thanks.

The X site says Mexico itineraries are temporarily unavailable. They are probably updating those. Try it later.

Our TA raves about Mexican riveria cruise because of the ports. In looking at 14 day cross-country Panama Canal cruises, it looks like there are three ports in Mexico on the western side of the canal. Does anyone know if this is about the same as you would encounter on a roundtrip seven day Mexican riveria cruise from one of the southern California seaports?

Les

Our TA raves about Mexican riveria cruise because of the ports. In looking at 14 day cross-country Panama Canal cruises, it looks like there are three ports in Mexico on the western side of the canal. Does anyone know if this is about the same as you would encounter on a roundtrip seven day Mexican riveria cruise from one of the southern California seaports?

Les

Hi Les, normally (the operative word), normally a 7 day

Mexican Riveria cruise includes Cabo, Puerta Vallarta and Mazatlan.

Of course the cruiseline can change those but I would

say 95% of the time those 3 ports are the usual ones.

Celebrity historically used Mercury for Alaska in Summer, and round trip LA-Mex Riv. cruises in winter. This season, the Mercury is heading down under to do a series of pacific and Australia/New Zealand itineraries. This means there is no regular series of roundtrip cruises from SoCal to Mex Riv. this winter.

Vision of the Seas will continue to do it's 7 night round trip itineraries, as will Golden Princess and Dawn Princess. NCL (Star) has 8 night round trips with an extra port of call, and HAL has both 7 and 10 night itineraries. But no Celebrity, unless you take one of the itineraries from SoCal through the Panama Canal.

I'm not sure about winter 2008/09 if that's when you're looking for?

Celebrity does not have any Mexican Riviera cruises between now and April 2009. It's unlikely to start back up until a few of the Solstice ships start sailing. Too many places to go that are more profitable than the MR cruises. Once they have more ships, they'll have to find new homes for them.

I agree the MR cruise we took on the Mercury was fantastic.

Thanks for all the replied-

I was looking for a March/April 2008 sailing- Looks like we are out of luck for a while.:(

we too, were looking at the MR on Celebrity so we have settled on the Ryndam in Dec. 08. You may want to check on Spring cruises through Hal - prices & itineraries are ok. I like Celebrity but have sailed HAL many times & they are good too.

Have fun whatever cruiseline you decide on

Faith

Archived