George Inlet Crab Fishing w/Dinner

melissasneu

Has anyone done this excursion? I thought it sounded like good scenery, some education, and of course a good meal? Is it all you can eat crab? My husband wants to do the tour but doesn't eat crab. Do they have alternative dinner choice for those with shellfish allergies?

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

My husband and I have booked this shore excursion. I was a bit hesitant about it at first, but then I found their web page at www.catchcrabs.com and now I'm really looking forward to it. The web site doesn't say if it's all you can eat, but if you look closely at the pictures, the staff are measuring the height of the crab shells so I would assume that it is all you can eat. The web site also doesn't say about an alternative entree, but it does have an e-mail address that you can write with additional questions.

Jen

1st Cruise on Celebrity Mercury - Alaska 6/4/2004

Jen,

Thanks for the link. Eric from the company answered back and told me that each guest is served with 3 halves of dungeoness crab and is welcome to ask for more and for those who need an alternative to crab a grilled chicken dish is available. Happy sailing!

Melissa

Veendam 5-30-04

My husband and our friends did this last year...the 3 of them loved it...I enjoyed the trip out for the crab fishing and learning about them such as determining the sex and what the legal sizes are and all that but I don't eat sea food....I would like to know when they added the chicken to the menu because I almost starved while the other 3 gorged themselves on the Crab...plenty of it in fact....I ate the salad which was wonderful and the homemade cheese cake which was scrumpcious but WHERE WAS THE CHICKEN....It was never mentioned to me by the server or wasn't listed any where in site...Hope for anyone elses sake that this is a new addition this year...because the trip is more than worth the money if you eat crab or are not hungry and just want to do the crab fishing part.....

Archived