SOFA BED (Explorer D-1) comments please!!

DH, two DDs and I are going on a five day to Bermuda on Explorer in July.

DDs will be sleeping on the sofa bed... (we have finalized the cabin, and wont be able change) ... would so appreciate any comments regarding DDs comfort (or lack thereof!!) and all comments on your experiences with four in a D1 and two in the sofa bed!!! so I can be prepared!

and THANK YOU all for your posts... they have helped so very much in planning. We are so looking forward to the cruise.

The sofa beds in the D1 cabins are hard as a rock. We've booked them several times for our 11 year old daughter. The sofa bed is the couch with cushions removed. It's not a fold out mattress like most "sofa beds" are. We're cruising again in one in two weeks on AOS. This time I'm taking along a $10 egg crate mattress from Walmart to see if that helps her back pain.

My daughters, who are 15 and 13 now, always sleep on the sofa bed without any complaints. The egg crate is a good idea, and you can ask the steward for one when you board, although supplies are limited so there are no guarantees.

(For our upcoming cruise, we originally booked two cabins, and when a D1 quad became available for $800 less than the cost, we were willing to stay with the two cabins and forego the savings, and the girls told us we were crazy! They would rather sleep on the sofa bed, and put the extra money towards something else.)

DH, two DDs and I are going on a five day to Bermuda on Explorer in July.

DDs will be sleeping on the sofa bed... (we have finalized the cabin, and wont be able change) ... would so appreciate any comments regarding DDs comfort (or lack thereof!!) and all comments on your experiences with four in a D1 and two in the sofa bed!!! so I can be prepared!

and THANK YOU all for your posts... they have helped so very much in planning. We are so looking forward to the cruise.

Hya, just to say that we were in a D1 last year on explorer of the seas, and i had the sofa bed, it was nearly a double bed in size, and really comfy. Im 6ft3in tall and the bed was fine for me. Just ask for an egg shell and they will give you one no prob at all.

Steven

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info on the D1 sofa bed -- we have a quad cabin, dd's are 9 and 15. If they don't fall right asleep they'll strangle each other, so I'm just hoping they'll be too tired to argue ;)

And we'll a$k for the egg crate, too!

Thanks for the info on the D1 sofa bed -- we have a quad cabin, dd's are 9 and 15. If they don't fall right asleep they'll strangle each other, so I'm just hoping they'll be too tired to argue ;)

And we'll a$k for the egg crate, too!

We are a family of 4 just off the MAriner DD(18) DS (14) - DH (6 ft) and I (5'4") decided we would separate bed for kids and 'we' would take sofa bed - well this is that 'we' where it is my idea and DH goes along - in all honesty we had no problems - neither DH or I had any backaches/shoulder aches etc - our days were so full we plopped down and almost immediately fell asleep - just a thought!

Archived