Ruins at Nora

We are 4 adults who arrive in caligari at 12 noon . We have rented a car from Hertz on Piazzza Matteotti.I assume we can drive to Nora with no problem, I will ask for directions or Michelin it. Does anyone have any idea how long it might take to view this area? I also wanted to visit the beach at Chia, which I beleive to be nearby. As I have never been to Caligari, am I being too ambitious? Please...any imput will be greatly appreciated! Also, does anyone know if we can pick up a tour at Nora, or is strictly a see by yourself. We very rarely do ship tours..we like to hire private guides, but wanted to spend some time at the beach too. We do not have to be backon the ship until 7pm, so I am going to try to get back to caligari by 5:30 the latest!

Karen

• 8 months later...

Hi there!

We were in Cagliari in 2005 and had a short day in port. Therefore we didn't rent a car but took a ship tour to Nora.

The ride there was probably 45 minutes. It seemed an easy drive. I didn't see any local guides there but there could very well be tours you can get on. However, they have a small gift shop and you can buy a site book with great information with a suggested tour - lots of pictures and useful information.

The tour took about 1.5 hours and was well worth it. You'll see amazing mosaic floors and very interesting ruins. A beautiful site.

On the way there, you drive through the laguna where the pink flamingoes have elected residence - very pretty with the salt piles in the background!

Some pictures from that day: http://travel.webshots.com/album/368000921czCGAO?start=0

MC

Archived