Best Cozumel Excursion

oakbend

My daughter did the "RAce FAntastique" in Cozumel, a Carnival excursion, and loved it...kinda like the amazing race. It takes a couple of hours leaving plenty of time for other activities.

I was thinking of doing this with the family (6 of us), could you give me a little more information and also how much does it cost?

DW and I rented a jeep and drove the island. We had a blast finding secluded beaches to walk up and down. We also drove inland through town to see the non touristy areas of Cozumel. It was an eye-opener.

We also rented a jeep and just drove around. Stopped at Cpark for a while to swim and relax. Found some open air bar/grill on the east side of the island. Wish we could remember the name of the place....:( It sat on the edge of a cliff, the bar was round and they had old tshirts and other intimate female wear hanging all over the place! What a hoot this place was. I fear that it may no longer be there as Cozumel was hit by a hurricane after we were there.

Also found a vendor who sold flavored tequillas....free samples! YUM!

Have a great time, Cozumel is someplace we hope to visit again someday soon!

... Found some open air bar/grill on the east side of the island. Wish we could remember the name of the place....:( It sat on the edge of a cliff, the bar was round and they had old t-shirts and other intimate female wear hanging all over the place!
The name of the place you visited is Coconuts.

coconuts2.jpg

coconuts5.jpg

coconuts7.jpg

I was there December 2005, just a couple of months after wilma, so they hadn't replace all the t-shirts yet. I understand they have already filled the ceiling.

I love to visit the other ports and be active, and Coz is ALL about lying on the beach, getting some drinks, doing a little snorkeling (although not in that order!)

I love the all inclusive, and although I"ve only visited Playa Mia, I"ve done so twice and thorougly enjoyed it both times. It was $100 for two people, but that is all your food, all your drinks (beer, rum, foo foo drinks, vodka.. pretty much anything you can name), snorkel equipment, towels and a beautiful beach to top it all off

I recommend that no one support the captive dolphin exploitation program. The Humane Society website supports this opinion.

I am in total agreement. This is so sad. It's the same reason I will never go to another Sea World. I will never get over the very over crowded dolphin tank I saw at Sea World in San Antonio. These animals deserve better! Please think twice about these excursions.

• 4 weeks later...
We also rented a jeep and just drove around.

Where did you rent the Jeep from? I haven't looked around too much, but we cancelled our Carnival-booked snorkel excursion just so we could rent a Jeep and explore on our own. Just trying to guesstimate the cost now! Thanks!

Archived