Best Cozumel Excursion

oakbend

Wife and I did the dolphin swim and snorkel at Chankanaab Park a few years back. Most fun I had on that cruise - and I have the pics and dvd to prove it. You can book it online from Carvinal or do a quick Google search and you might be able to find a lower price. We booked through a third party and saved a few bucks.

For drinks we only tried Fat Tuesday which is right near the spot you get back on the ship. Good thing after a few of those "yards" they serve :eek:

Cinco Soles is one of the best places to shop. It's like a big open air department store, and if you want to buy more than one, they will bargain. And Pancho's Backyard is right next door. Great food, and good margaritas, but not worth $8.00.

Hi,

I have been on many vacations, domestic, international (Aruba 4 times) and 6 cruises down eastern/western carribbean and Bermuda.

The best excursion I have done was the dolphin swim in Cozemel Mexico at the C park. I've showed that video to people that probably didn't want to see it.. To this day that was a great memory.

Kim

I would guess that this is an all inclusive beach, correct? Can we parasail, snorkle, massage, etc....while at that beach???? Costs???? THANKS!!!!!

Paradise Beach in not an all inclusive. It's just a great beach with a restaurant, tons of beach loungers with umbrellas, and water toys. You can pay a one-time fee (when we were there a year and a half ago, it was $8 per person) to use all of their water toys: floating iceburg for climbing, floating trampoline, floating inner tubes, float mats, kayaks. You can stay there all day as long as you spend $10 per person on food, drinks, or the toys.

There is a snorkel tour that leaves from PB, but I don't know how much it costs. There are massages available for a fee. Pretty sure there was parasailing. Jet ski rentals. All the usual activities available, but for a fee.

We enjoyed our day at Paradise Beach so much! The waiters bring your food and drinks out to your lounger and keep them coming all day. It was our favorite day of the cruise. Take a taxi from the pier ~ $3 or $4 per person.

What was your favorite excursion or activity to do in Cozumel? Favorite place to shop, eat, etc....THANKS!!!!

We just got back off the Triumph this past Saturday. We did the dolphin swim at Chankanaab Park. AWESOME! They put you in a group of about 8. If you do the royal swim ($139.00 each) you get to kiss the dolphin, the dolphin kisses you on the cheek, you get to touch it several times, you get to hug it, you hold on to the fins and they pull you through the water, and they push you by your feet through the water. It was a lot of fun. We didn't buy the DVD, but we did buy numerous pictures.

There is also a restaurant there that had wonderful guacamole dip. We took a taxi to the park for $4.00 a person.

I respectfully disagree. It is a good tourist restaurant, but as far as the best Cozumel has to offer, it is hardly the "best".
I'll drink to that.

Coz has so many great places to eat and it is my sworn duty to try them all.;) In a few years I'll write a book on the top spots, but for now you will have to rely on these boards and the www.cozumelinsider.com and www.cozumelmycozumel.com websites.

I'll drink to that.

Coz has so many great places to eat and it is my sworn duty to try them all.;) In a few years I'll write a book on the top spots, but for now you will have to rely on these boards and the www.cozumelinsider.com and www.cozumelmycozumel.com websites.

Have you tried any of the restaurants on Christi's list? I could start at the top and work my way down.

So far, I've been to:

Camilos

La Choza

Las Palmas

Sonora Grill

La Conchita del Caribe

the Rendez Blue - restaurant above the Blue Angel dive shop

Coconuts

La Morena

Playa Palancar - MMmmm fish tacos

Paradise Beach - excellent conche ceviche

I would have definitely gone to Especias but it hadn't reopened yet after wilma when I was last in Cozumel. Has it really been that long? I need to go back soon.

Have you tried any of the restaurants on Christi's list? I could start at the top and work my way down.

So far, I've been to:

Camilos

La Choza

Las Palmas

Sonora Grill

La Conchita del Caribe

the Rendez Blue - restaurant above the Blue Angel dive shop

Coconuts

La Morena

Playa Palancar - MMmmm fish tacos

Paradise Beach - excellent conche ceviche

I would have definitely gone to Especias but it hadn't reopened yet after wilma when I was last in Cozumel. Has it really been that long? I need to go back soon.

What no Casa Denis on the list?? Bruce you need to go back soon...:D

Perfect Day in Coz: Snorkel excursion with Roswitha Fleury and Mystic Snorkel. You can contact Rosi through her info at cozumelmycozumel.com. Three reefs, a four hour excursion...EXCELLENT! THEN, the captain will drop you off at the pier of Paradise Beach for a relaxing lunch leaving plenty of time for some shopping at the port!

Donna

Wife and I did the dolphin swim and snorkel at Chankanaab Park a few years back. Most fun I had on that cruise - and I have the pics and dvd to prove it. You can book it online from Carvinal or do a quick Google search and you might be able to find a lower price. We booked through a third party and saved a few bucks.

For drinks we only tried Fat Tuesday which is right near the spot you get back on the ship. Good thing after a few of those "yards" they serve :eek:

We have thought about the dolphin experience. There are five of us, so we want to make sure it is worth it. Do you have pics online? Do you recommend spending that kind of money for the dolphin experience? Just want to make sure we are not bored. Any info will help.

What no Casa Denis on the list?? Bruce you need to go back soon...:D

Hey Bruce-r,

I'll drink to this.

We're going out of Mobile 12/3. Why don't you sign on and we will cure this problem. You know that I like to eat.:rolleyes:

Just got back from FOS and had a blast doing the ATV excursion in Cozumel. It was a blast. Rained the night before so there were plenty of mud puddles to go through. Shoes had to be thrown away. I've never been on an ATV before but would go again in a heart beat.

We have thought about the dolphin experience. There are five of us, so we want to make sure it is worth it. Do you have pics online? Do you recommend spending that kind of money for the dolphin experience? Just want to make sure we are not bored. Any info will help.
I recommend that no one support the captive dolphin exploitation program. The Humane Society website supports this opinion.

My daughter did the "RAce FAntastique" in Cozumel, a Carnival excursion, and loved it...kinda like the amazing race. It takes a couple of hours leaving plenty of time for other activities.

I wanted to go on the Race Fantastique, but it doesn't seem to be offered during my cruise stop in Cozumel (Carnival Ecstasy 5 day)! :( Any ideas why, or might it just be an oversight and should I call Carnival directly?

Archived