Princess Dawn - Alaskan tours

cataholic

I'm on the Dawn Princess on the last cruise to Alaska for the year - Sept 18. When booking tours I have a few questions:

1. Skagway - 7 am to 8 pm - seems like lots of time and I want to go on two tours SGY001 and SGY011. How do I know what time the tour is? and I also want time to explore on my own? I don't plan on leaving the ship at 7 am (I'll probably still be asleep). Do the tours run like every hour?

2. Juneau - 6 am - 3 pm. Three tours sound interesting but time wise is it feasible with still having personal time to explore?

3. Ketchikan 9 am to 6 pm - this one sounds feasible as I also have a local yarn shop I want to visit (as I do in nearly every port). The Paddlewheel Water tour sounds interesting.

4. Victoria 7 am to 2 pm- The horse drawn trolley tour looks like fun. There is also a yarn shop that looks like more fun.

5. Transportation - I don't walk to good, so transportation is a problem. Can you go on a (say the trolley tour), get off when you want to and then connect in with the next tour? Or do you have to stay aboard once on?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cataholic - I plan on having lots of fun exploring on my own and just wandering around.

If you go on the Princess website and access your Cruise Personalizer and click on shore excursions they will be listed for each port with the price and beginning and ending times of each excursion. Hope this helps!

Archived