I Need A Good Book To Read On My Trip

mahreeya

6 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Sunday night, I tried ordering the book again and was able to do so.  Should be delivered in the later half of this week according to the e-mail confirmation of my order that I received.  

I don’t see it on the Canadian or US Amazon sites. Can you send the link? Thx

23 minutes ago, CruisinGirl777 said:

I don’t see it on the Canadian or US Amazon sites. Can you send the link? Thx

The best that I think I can do is www.Amazon.com.  I clicked on the link for shopping for books.  I rarely order from Amazon, but, the page that I found last night included the icon in the upper right hand corner of the page for a "shopping cart".  I was able to type in the name of the book and author in the search box and--lo and behold--the title popped up.  In order to complete the order, I had to reset my password, but, once that was done, I was able to complete the order with payment information and confirming my address.  I find it frustrating at times in shopping online.  I will let you know if the book arrives.  

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

The best that I think I can do is www.Amazon.com.  I clicked on the link for shopping for books.  I rarely order from Amazon, but, the page that I found last night included the icon in the upper right hand corner of the page for a "shopping cart".  I was able to type in the name of the book and author in the search box and--lo and behold--the title popped up.  In order to complete the order, I had to reset my password, but, once that was done, I was able to complete the order with payment information and confirming my address.  I find it frustrating at times in shopping online.  I will let you know if the book arrives.  

Okay thank you. I will keep my eyes open for the book on Amazon. I don’t see it there now. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CruisinGirl777 said:

Okay thank you. I will keep my eyes open for the book on Amazon. I don’t see it there now. 

The confirmation of my order indicated that I would be sent an e-mail when the book was shipped.  That has not yet arrived.  I am beginning to wonder if the book will be shipped.  

On 1/10/2022 at 8:54 PM, CruisinGirl777 said:

The book has not arrived.  But, an e-mail from Amazon did arrive.  The issue seems to be the publisher, Kean University Press.  I began to suspect that books that are expected to be low volume sellers would be printed only on order.  Not sure that this is the case, but, I think it is.

I sent the e-mail that I received to Dorothy.  She has sent an e-mail response that she has contacted a person at the publisher whom she knows and has requested that this person contacts me.  I informed Dorothy that you were interested in the book.  I will let you know what I learn.  

Dorothy said that there were initial problems between the publisher and Amazon in getting the book available, but, she thought that they had been resolved.  Certainly not so!  

On 1/14/2022 at 7:42 PM, CruisinGirl777 said:

Yes, please let me know. Thanks!

I received an e-mail from a staff member of the publisher, Kean University Press this morning.  They are having difficulty with their Amazon account.  They are going to send me the book directly bypassing Amazon.  In lieu of payment for the book, they are asking for a donation to the Kean University Foundation.  (The Hennings were faculty members of this University.)  I made an online contribution to the Foundation this afternoon that represents the price of the book that Amazon wanted with a few dollars more to cover the probable shipping costs of the   publisher.  

In a return e-mail to the staff member, I indicated that you might be interested in the book.  If you are still interested, I will post on this thread the e-mail contact information for you to use to directly communicate with the woman.  

On 1/18/2022 at 4:58 PM, rkacruiser said:

In a return e-mail to the staff member, I indicated that you might be interested in the book.  If you are still interested, I will post on this thread the e-mail contact information for you to use to directly communicate with the woman.  

That would be great. Thanks so much. 

2 hours ago, CruisinGirl777 said:

The book has not yet arrived.  I will make a post of that information when the book arrives.  Please check back to this thread.  If your CC is operating like mine, I am no longer receiving e-mail notifications of when someone replies to a post of mine.  Makes it very difficult to try to carry on a conversation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 2:36 PM, CruisinGirl777 said:

The book arrived 2/2/2022.  It seems to cover the travel experiences of George and Dorothy over many years.  What brief parts I have read are well written and the book is divided into Chapters that are logical and tell the story that the author wishes to tell.

I was able to obtain the book through the following person whose e-mail address follows.  lopezc6@kean.edu.   Dorothy said that typing the name of the book in the search box on the Amazon website would cause the book to be able to be ordered.  Didn't work for me.  Ms. Lopez  e-mailed me that Kean University (the publisher) has had difficulty working with Amazon.  

The proceeds from the sale of the book go to the Kean University Foundation that supports the University's students and the University.   The book's price is $24.99 and I added a few more dollars for shipping costs by the University.  The book was sent by UPS Ground Service.  That seems to have taken 2 weeks for delivery to take place!  

Edited by rkacruiser
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

The book arrived 2/2/2022.  It seems to cover the travel experiences of George and Dorothy over many years.  What brief parts I have read are well written and the book is divided into Chapters that are logical and tell the story that the author wishes to tell.

I was able to obtain the book through the following person whose e-mail address follows.  lopezc6@kean.edu.   Dorothy said that typing the name of the book in the search box on the Amazon website would cause the book to be able to be ordered.  Didn't work for me.  Ms. Lopez  e-mailed me that Kean University (the publisher) has had difficulty working with Amazon.  

The proceeds from the sale of the book go to the Kean University Foundation that supports the University's students and the University.   The book's price is $24.99 and I added a few more dollars for shipping costs by the University.  The book was sent by UPS Ground Service.  That seems to have taken 2 weeks for delivery to take place!  

Thanks so much. I will definitely order. Hope this is helpful to others reading too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruisinGirl777 said:

Thanks so much. I will definitely order. Hope this is helpful to others reading too. 

I am three chapters into the book and it is an easy, enjoyable read.  There are a few black and white photos scattered throughout the book with a color photo on the front and back covers.  I hope that you will be able to obtain it and enjoy it.  

• Like 1