Bayahibe Beach-Casa del Mar

vppro

I am on the 6/22 sailing of the Explorer and we are stopping in Casa de Campo. Anyone take a taxi or shuttle to Bayahibe Beach and get the day pass as the Casa del Mar? Was it worth it? What is included? Cost? Thanks.

Hi. We are also on the Explorer 6/22 to Caso and I was looking into the Bayahiba resort for the day. I am unsure of the costs but may be interested in sharing transport.I have a number for the resort and was going to call for day rates. I will let you know what I discover.

Talk to you later.

OK, let me know what you find out. I am a party of 4 so if we decide to go there, maybe we can hire a mini-van and driver. It doesn't look like there's a lot to do at this port. Some people on the boards have said it was a lousy stop.

This looks like the Roll call for EOS 6-22 Hi twenty car!! Have you been on our thread? hop over to the roll call things are hopping there and the M &M will be closing soon We booked the RC trip to the resort new port for us need to get the lay of the land. Talk later Mellisa!!! See you all on deck

• 3 weeks later...

We chose to take the Bayahibe Beach Break excursion at a cost of $44 per person. An air conditioned tour bus took us to the Sunscape Casa del Mar La Romana Resort. This is a very nice all-inclusive resort on Bayahibe Beach, about 30 minutes drive from the ship. The excursion included transportation, beach lounge chairs, use of the resort beach and pool, and access to the open bars. This is an excellent facility for families. There is a big white sand beach and lots of shade. Food and watercraft are available at a small additional charge. The large pool has a 12-foot tall tethered floating "Iceberg" climbing wall/slide that the kids couldn't get enough of. We got hit by a late afternoon downpour, but it didn't dampen the fun. I do recommend it. We felt secure at all times. When you've got an excursion like this available, I do not recommend staying on the ship.

We would have done the Bayahibe Beach excursion on our own, but we couldn't get any enough information on the Ports of Call thread to feel comfortable about it. Let me remedy that right now. You can do this on your own, and you shouldn't hesitate. At the port, it is easy to arrange for your own transportation to Bayahibe Beach. (A fellow passenger arranged for a van for their group of ten for $10 per person. They got roundtrip transportation to Bayahibe Beach and the driver even waited for them for 3 hours while they enjoyed the beach). If you don't need the resort facilities, you can access and use the beach just East of the resort.

You can do the Sunscape Casa del Mar La Romana Resort on a Day Pass, which would be great if you arrive in the morning. A day pass runs $50 per person (less for children under 11), from 10:30pm until 5:30pm It includes unlimited drinks, food, and access to non-motorized watercraft, snorkel gear, beach chairs --- pretty much the works! The resort personnel are extremely friendly. Shirley Sánchez, the Chief Concierge, is very good at answering any questions you may have via email. A taxi for 4 should run in the $30 to $35 range each way. If the driver doesn't stay, the resort will get call a taxi for your return trip to the pier.

Here are more of our Secrets of the Caribbean!

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

These are our very detailed personal reviews, hints, and tips for ports of call that you will be visiting.

Archived