Is PR Safe ?

wildjazz68

I am looking for some info. I am taking my mom and aunts on their first cruise. Our first stop is PR - I've been here once before on a port of call, but did my own sightseeing and walked OPR. The problem I am having is my mom has had knee surgery and can not walk for long periods of time and one of my aunts recently broke her toe and the other one is legally blind. My question is the taxis and cars that sit at the cruise terminal - are they safe to take when you want to do some sightseeing? The only other time I was here there was a shooting in front of one of the Carnival tours. ANy help you be appreciated.

Mel

Depends on what day of the week and what time. If you go on a weekend I would think it is safe at night since lots of tourists and locals go hang out at the bars,restaurants & clubs. However on a weekday I would walk around with caution and make sure you keep your eyes open and alert. My intention is not to scare you, just be alert as you would in any large city anywhere. I would recommend taking a taxi registered with the Tourism Co.they are safe. I am not saying that taxi's not registered with the Tourism Co. are not safe, it's just so you have peace of mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived