Live from the glory 6-9-07 still in port

skyscanr

I actually read on another review that Wee Jimmy is getting off the ship the day that I get on which is next Saturday, June 23rd.. I am bummed but I wonder who is taking his place. Any idea OP??

I too am traveling on the Glory next saturday and would love to know who will be our Cruise director. Mark Price would be my dream come true...

You should check out our Roll Call, Cruise Addict. We are a lively bunch!:) I've never sailed with Mark Price. My dream come true would be Todd Witmer!

Any one know how long Wee Jimmy will be gone and if he is coming back to the Glory?

My son and daughter-in-law will be on this ship in July and were so looking forward to having him as CD after reading all the reviews.

Well got the time to try and write a update. We did saint thomas .

We choose to book our own tour and booked with Godfreys Island tour.

He was a very nice fellow and he took our group of 8 and another family group of 10 .

We went around the whole Island and the tour included a stop at a beach . We where suppose to stop for 3 hours at

coco beach , but when we got to there saw how crowded it was and godfrey suggest another beach sapharie beach and

it was very nice. We where able toget lounge chairs for $7 and a life vest for the daughter for $5.

Food was to be had for not bad prices.

The only bad thig was that the shops closed at 5pm in the downtown area . So by thetime we made it there we only

had about a hour to shop.

Today was Saint Marrtin.

It started off in a bad way as we missed our first outing to perrl island , so where switched to a snorkling boat

which was ok with us .

By doing this it gave us about 5 hours to shop in the morning and then cool off in the afternoon.

We found some great deals in rings and things. The kids hada great time going to the shops and getting the small

gems and charms with the coupon in the little shop books .

Things I would suggest . If you have a digital camera get a water proof bag for it from aquapack.

You will be able to take many many more pics of fish and your family then you will if you have to buy a waterproof

camera that will only have like 27 shots .

The shows have been great and the food is very very good . Eat in the dinning room, wash up and put on a clean

shirt . Its so nice being served and while the buffet is good its nic to sit down and go over the day beside if

yo want more food all you do is ask and have it bought to you :)

Well I bought some more time so as we have a see day on thus and fri , I will try to name and shrink some pics and

post them on our family web site for you fine folks to have a peek at .

Glory is a great ship and you will love it ,

Well still trying to find out about wee jimmy. But today our last day at sea started out well . The little daughter and I went to the 10:30am bingo game and won 800 and she got a ship on a stick for checking that all bingo balls where there at the start of the game :)

More later

Well we are at Disney World now and I am trying to find the time to upload a few pics. The cruise went well with a few things that went wrong.

1 The crew expect for the dinning room where rude and did not seem to be happy to be there or serve you . They never seemed to know the answer to simple questions . ( like I asked at the lido bar where I could buy one of the red carnival logo travel mugs )

2. Getting off the ship was a nightmare

We went to the lido deck to eat and wait for our deck to be called. The cups for coffee and juice seemed to be out and when asked for some cups was told by many that its not my job. Due to a mix up we did not get our bags till we had waited at baggage for 3 hours. It seems like the baggage folks ( port or carnival I can not be sure)

Placed deck 6 baggage on the carousal before deck 7 mid and would not take it off even though that deck had yet to be called . The only responses that we got was sorry but once its on the belt we can not take it off and The baggage clecks saying if you pay us we will go find your bag or you can just wait.

3. This is the biggest ship I would care to sail on as I can just see the lines for everything with more people .

Now would I cruise carnival again , Yes I would. I just hope they fix some of the things with the crew and the way baggage is done and fix problems with it more quickly.

Now if you are taking the cruise , I am sorry to say that if you stop in Nassau the only reason to get off the ship is to take a look at Atlantis. Other then that its one port not to really have any reason to get off.

Now St. Thomas and St Marrtin are great ports very friendly folks and nice shopping( much much better then Nassau)

If you are looking to buy blink do it in St Marrtin as they are very very Good prices.

I was on the same cruise and had the same experience with rude crew members.... I guess that makes you a cheap bastage just like I was called when I posted about it :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=574194

Petro:

We are on Glory June 30th and will see how the crew members are, hopefully working hard and very considerate. Sorry some were not with you. :(

Do you remember anything about Robert(piano man) or Music Manila, any other performers?

Thanks,:D

Cassandra

We were on that same cruise!! We were dumbfounded that it took so long to leave - when they said it was a family my hubby said it had better have been a "BUSH"....... I got lost on the 1st day and accidently walked right thru a wedding in progress..... :o

Nassau was fun - we did Senor Frogs and shopped - ended up finding a "self-serve" liqour tasting - that was quite fun......:eek:

St Thomas - we did the Champayne Catarmarand - Dont choose this - thats all I have to say...:(

St Marteen - Hubby & I shopped and found a little deli to get chairs and sit on the beach - buckets of beer - 6 for 10.00....... not bad - we did see the Glory woman get hit by the car on town - she was ok - but the driver was shook up bad - I was worried about him..........

2 days at sea was fun - Friday was so nasty that we got in our robes and sat on the deck talking...... that was kinda fun.....

Saturday was a nightmare - our buddies that rode with us didnt get to the Rad until 1 1/2 hours after us........ not fun, but hey, it is what you make it!!

Archived