Zipline and Luau in Kauai

honeymooner77

We'll be on the Pride of Aloha in July and would like to do a zipline tour and the Luau Kalamaku in the same day.

I've noticed that the Princeville Ranch offers a tour from 9:30-2 pm. Does this allow us time to get to the Ranch in time from our ship and to return to the ship in time for the luau? I didn't see the time the luau starts on the NCL website, but noticed another poster say they had to leave the ship around 4 pm.

BackCountry also has a zipline tour that starts at 9:30 and seems to end around 1 pm.

The Kalamaku is a must for us. Given that information, can anyone recommend the better zipline choice? Thanks!

I don't think you would have a problem making it time-wise, but there are some things to consider. It's about 30 miles from Princeville to the pier, but that is not speed driving by any means. Plus, afternoon traffic into Lihue can be fierce (not always, but best to assume it will be). You need to plan at least an hour from Princeville to the pier at that time of day. That would give you just enough time to get onboard, freshen up, and get ready to head out again. If you're up for it, then you should be fine. You may feel a little rushed, but it's certainly doable. And it's always possible that you'll make good time and have a little extra time to get ready for the luau.

beachchick

We did the Backcountry zipline while on the Pride of Aloha in April. We booked through NCL....I believe it was called the Canopy Zipline.

One word of caution...when I booked this shore excursion online..I requested the 8a.m. tour. But, when my confirmation came back...I was confirmed for an 11 a.m. tour. This was not even listed as a choice. This was fine with us (and luckily our friends were confirmed on the same tour)...but just check your confirmation carefully. I think they probably added an extra tour as the earlier one sold out.

It was a blast.....have fun!!!

Archived