St John's NB -Carnival Excursions

Has anyone taken a great Carnival excursion in St John's? It is for our parents who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. They are early 70's, love nature, siteseeing, shopping (mom) and not a fan of small boats (dad). Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Karysa

Has anyone taken a great Carnival excursion in St John's? It is for our parents who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. They are early 70's, love nature, siteseeing, shopping (mom) and not a fan of small boats (dad). Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Karysa

St. John's is not in New Brunswick. It is in Newfoundland. Saint John is in New Brunswick. Which port did you mean?

St. John's is not in New Brunswick. It is in Newfoundland. Saint John is in New Brunswick. Which port did you mean?

Please don't tell my mom if there is really a Carnival cruise that stops in Newfoundland that would have been her first pick! Their stops are New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

Karysa

Perhaps you can consider not taking a tour at all but touring the Trinity Royal neighborhood off of the ship. It has some the best and oldest architecture in Canada, historic sites and churches, unique shopping and restaurants and best off all is free! Or if you prefer not to walk, there are horse-drawn buggy tours of the area.

Perhaps you can consider not taking a tour at all but touring the Trinity Royal neighborhood off of the ship. It has some the best and oldest architecture in Canada, historic sites and churches, unique shopping and restaurants and best off all is free! Or if you prefer not to walk, there are horse-drawn buggy tours of the area.

Actually we were wondering if combining the 3 hour excursion to Irving Park and a private horse and buggy tour would be a nice way to spend the day. Our parents are not planners but they would like a plan and some sort of organized activity.

Do you think combining these 2 activities would make a nice day?

Actually we were wondering if combining the 3 hour excursion to Irving Park and a private horse and buggy tour would be a nice way to spend the day. Our parents are not planners but they would like a plan and some sort of organized activity.

Do you think combining these 2 activities would make a nice day?

Yes it would be nice. Don't forget the Old City Market - if your parents are history buffs, try stopping at the Carlton Martello Tower on the way to Irving Nature Park.

Please don't tell my mom if there is really a Carnival cruise that stops in Newfoundland that would have been her first pick! Their stops are New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

I don't know if there is a Carnival ship that goes to Newfoundland, but I can tell you that the Jewel of the Seas, an RCCL ship, stops there on their transatlantic. We did that itinerary in Sept. of '06 and will be doing it again in '08. It is a beautiful area and the people are so nice.

I don't know if there is a Carnival ship that goes to Newfoundland, but I can tell you that the Jewel of the Seas, an RCCL ship, stops there on their transatlantic. We did that itinerary in Sept. of '06 and will be doing it again in '08. It is a beautiful area and the people are so nice.

Oh, my dad would just fall over if I told him that.:eek: He is doing this cuise for my mother it is definitely not his pick. He is clausterphobic(we got them a balcony cabin), he does not like heights, (we got them deck 6-first floor with a balcony), he gets motion sickness easily(we got them centre of the ship) and then he told my husband that he will be fine since the ship will go along the coast and he will be able to see land at all times and my DH just said "well that's good pops".;)

The Jewel is really named correctly, she is classy with out being too flashy, she is my favourite ship so far.

Karysa

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, my dad would just fall over if I told him that.:eek: He is doing this cuise for my mother it is definitely not his pick. He is clausterphobic(we got them a balcony cabin), he does not like heights, (we got them deck 6-first floor with a balcony), he gets motion sickness easily(we got them centre of the ship) and then he told my husband that he will be fine since the ship will go along the coast and he will be able to see land at all times and my DH just said "well that's good pops".;)

The Jewel is really named correctly, she is classy with out being too flashy, she is my favourite ship so far.

Karysa

Better buy dad a picture of land and tape it to balcony door so he will be able to see land. haha:D

Archived