Out of the Closet: December QE2 Transatlantic Crossing

Crouton

Now Cunard is finally promoting -- in a prominent banner on its homepage -- the QE2 westbound transatlantic crossing in December that was just a little too awkward to explain amidst all the hoopla of QE2 'definitively' passing the torch to QM2 earlier this year! :rolleyes:

http://www.cunard.com

Crouton

P.S. Don't take me too seriously (I don't).

yes, I certainly hope it is the wrong date on the banner (although I see on the page you click through to it say the 2004 not 2005 date!) - as I am booked on that cuise and am expecting to sail this year not next.......

• 4 weeks later...
Did anyone notice that Cunard has made a big mistake. It says December 15, 2005 Classic Transatlantic. Shouldn't that say 2004? I don't think the QE2 is doing the same crossing in 2005.

I'm booked for the December 15 crossing, and it is definitely 2004. My understanding is that after December the next opportunity to do a "Classic Trans-Atlantic" crossing on QE2 will be in 2006, and I'll be there if I don't get hit by a bus in the meantime.

I'll be onboard as well, been holding this reservation for several months now and trying all summer to convince my partner to come with me, but it looks like his work will prevent that. Traveling (or travelling) to London three days prior to boarding, and will be all snug in my CA single. Who else is going?

Archived