The Richmond or Newport Beachside ?

idecor8

Don't know about the Richmond, but after many days trying to figure out which hotel to stay at 2 days pre-cruise, our neighbors just returned from a stay at the Newport and said it was wonderful. So I booked there. Seems to have everything we are looking for. When I come back in August, I will be able to give a personal review.:)

Stayed at the Newport in an Oceanfront room in March of 06 for one night post cruise. Check-in was smooth and quick. The kids loved the parrots in the lobby, kept them busy while we got organized. The room was clean and the view was great but the furnishings were very standard. The pool area was great and there were lots of chairs. I would say the hotel is o.k. but nothing to get excited about. I would stay there again but only if the price was good.

Can't help you with the other hotel.

For about the same price I can get the Richmond Hotel or Newport Beachside Resort for one night, any thoughts?

Thanks!!

It depends on what you want; Sunny Isles or South Beach.

The Newport Beachside is probably equal distance from MIA and FLL and the Port of Miami and Port Everglades.

The Richmond is in South Beach and if you don't have a car, this would be the better location.

If you are staying on property and not leaving, the NBR is probably a better bet.

Archived