Brooklyn Pier-Taxi's?

janetz

In my opinion you are better off arranging a local car service to pick you up and take you. The reports are mixed with some people saying they have waited up to 2 hours for a cab and some especially the early getter offers saying it wasn't a problem. from my personal observation there are never enough cabs.

smeyer is right - call for a car service. There aren't enough cabs in Red Hook. For some reason, either the drivers don't know where it is, or don't want to go there.

I mentioned this to Brooklyn Pier reps who were at Cruise 360 trade show in March.

I have tried to contact car services on line to request quotes and to arrange pick-up from port to JFK. I know there is no exact address for the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, and that's where I get stumped. Any suggestions? Is there any car service that doesn't require street address, district, etc? What "district" is the terminal in?

Thanks for any assistance!

Phil:)

I have tried to contact car services on line to request quotes and to arrange pick-up from port to JFK. I know there is no exact address for the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, and that's where I get stumped. Any suggestions? Is there any car service that doesn't require street address, district, etc? What "district" is the terminal in?

Thanks for any assistance!

Phil:)

Call don't email one of the Local ones. The cost is about $40.00 from the Port to JFK per car not per person. Arecibio number is 718 7836465. Carmel has a website and knows where it is. The ones you get on a regular search haven't a clue and will charge you much more. The entrance is at the corner of Imlay Street and Bowne street Brooklyn NY Red Hook. Most dispatcher on the ones on line haven't a clue about Brooklyn....and are much more expensive than any of the following

Promenade Car Service

Heights Hill Car Service

Family Car service all in Brooklyn...

smeyer, thanks so much for all the Brooklyn information. What would be the expected cost of a car service from LaGuardia to the pier and from the pier back to LaGuardia?

Beth

$30-35. its not expensive in my opinion.

How available are the taxi's to the airport after you disembark in Brooklyn? Thanks ahead. :)

In late May, when we arrived in Brooklyn on the QM2, in the area for taxi and car service, there were two lines. The taxi line was long, with about 30 people waiting. Not a taxi in sight! The car service line was short, and there were about 5 waiting cars. A sign had been posted notifying us of a flat $68 rate to the airport. The dispatcher was of little help, giving some detailed explanation which made no sense.

Since access to the new pier area is tightly controlled, it appeared that taxis were being kept out until the car service vehicles were filled.

Just MHO.

Pincus

and that is what I have been saying the pier arranged cars are exactly twice what a local car service charges for the same ride. I don't think the cabs are being kept out. I just think there aren't many of them when the ship arrives. After all why would an empty cab be in red hook. Later in the day when they are dropping people off at the pier there are plenty.

Every time I try to call a car service to prebook it they just tell me to call them once I've landed and gathered my luggage. How can I prebook not just the trip to the pier but prearrange the return trip?

I've tried Carmel, Areceibo and Eastern and all of them say the same thing to me.

Every time I try to call a car service to prebook it they just tell me to call them once I've landed and gathered my luggage. How can I prebook not just the trip to the pier but prearrange the return trip?

I've tried Carmel, Areceibo and Eastern and all of them say the same thing to me.

Arecibo will be there within 10 minutes.

Archived