New design of the theater/gathering place on Diamond

tetons

What does everyone think about the new design of the other theater/bar/group gathering place on the Diamond and I guess on the Sapphire and it's other sister ships? I am talking about the room that is used for Bingo, Princess Idol, horse races, etc. I for one really liked the old one because I liked being able to see the actual person/action on the Grand. There was never a bad seat and you could see the stage/dance floor a lot easier which is where most things happen. I don't want to watch the action on a video screen. I hope they don't design all the new ships in this new configuration. It is not user friendly and didn't seem to hold as many people. I'll probably be in the minority.

What does everyone think about the new design of the other theater/bar/group gathering place on the Diamond ...QUOTE]

Sorry, do you mean Club Fusion that’s been there for years?

Nothing new there.

Yes that is the one I mean. On the older Grand style ships the seats are more like theater seats with table and chairs in between and that style just seemed easier to me. Everyone can see and you could always find someplace to sit and everyone could see the actual person/action not have to watch as video screen.

What you call "new" is over four years old.

The "Vista Lounge" is what you’re talking about. I see your opinion about sight lines and seating. However having two theatres is just a waste of space on one ship. The Explorer’s Lounge basically fills the bill, but is too small for the bingo crowds.

Archived