Captain Zodiac Tour - Kona

leipoppy

Hi All,

Can someone tell me if the am Captain Zodiac shore excursion waits for NCL passengers? Am slightly concerned that the tour leaves at 8.15am and the ship is not scheduled to dock until 8am! Also, where/how do we find where to go when we get to the pier? Thanks!

I can't imagine they wouldn't wait if you booked it through NCL. This is the only port you tender in and Captain Zodiac breaks you up into groups. I think there were 3 or 4 groups and they leave right from the pier. Get ready for a great time...it was a blast! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hi All,

Can someone tell me if the am Captain Zodiac shore excursion waits for NCL passengers? Am slightly concerned that the tour leaves at 8.15am and the ship is not scheduled to dock until 8am! Also, where/how do we find where to go when we get to the pier? Thanks!

Either Captain Zodiac or Body Glove came right to the ship with their ship to pick up NCL booked tour passengers.

Like CMpaula said, if you booked through NCL, then not to worry, the Shore Excursion team will coordinate it. In addition, your NCL Tour ticket will also serve as your tender ticket so that you will be one of the first people off the ship.

If you didn't book through NCL, you may be in trouble since NCL booked tours have a priority on the tenders. I'm not sure you could get ashore by 8:15 if not.

They actually had a special time for us...just for the NCL people, since we wouldn't be there in time for their regular tour. I tried to book that time off NCL, and they said no, it was just for NCL people.

I'm book on the Capt Zodiac also but it is the 12:45 departure. I'm also doing the Historic Kona at 7:15. Can anyone tell if we should go back to the ship in between the them? Will they pick up at the ship for the 12:45 or will be have to tendor to the Pier? I was thinking that it might be better to just stay in town and have lunch, but I don't want to take a chance and mess things up if they actually pick up on the ship for the later departure also.

I'm book on the Capt Zodiac also but it is the 12:45 departure. I'm also doing the Historic Kona at 7:15. Can anyone tell if we should go back to the ship in between the them? Will they pick up at the ship for the 12:45 or will be have to tendor to the Pier? I was thinking that it might be better to just stay in town and have lunch, but I don't want to take a chance and mess things up if they actually pick up on the ship for the later departure also.

Your shore excursion ticket will give you the meeting time and location. For a 12:45 excursion, the meeting place may be on the pier and with tendering in Kona, eating lunch and staying ashore may be the better option.

Archived