Honeymoon on Celebrity?

waunabcruizin

My girlfriend and I are getting married in Canada in October and have a four night cruise on Celebrity Mercury as a little getaway a day later. When I booked the cruise I checked the little box that says 'honeymoon'. I'm wondering if anyone else has sailed as a honeymoon and notified the cruise line as such. If so, what's the reaction? I'm a little nervous, I think.

Thanks for any comments.

Carol (and Linda).

I'm wondering if anyone else has sailed as a honeymoon and notified the cruise line as such. If so, what's the reaction? I'm a little nervous, I think.

Hi Carol (and Linda) - Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. Don't be nervous about the honeymoon ( :D ). We got our Civil Partnership in the UK last October and honeymooned on the QE2. We're back onboard for our first anniversary and are hopefully going back again for our second (just before they abandon the old girl:( ).

We told the Cunard that it was our honeymoon. Cunard wanted to see a copy of our certificate (as they do with any couple booking either an anniversary or honeymoon cruise from the UK) but then we got the full honeymoon package.

There was no adverse reaction at all, we were treated just as we expected to be. I've corresponded with other gay couples who also honeymooned aboard and they confirmed what I'm saying - you're not treated differently because of your sexuality.:)

My girlfriend and I are getting married in Canada in October and have a four night cruise on Celebrity Mercury as a little getaway a day later. When I booked the cruise I checked the little box that says 'honeymoon'. I'm wondering if anyone else has sailed as a honeymoon and notified the cruise line as such. If so, what's the reaction? I'm a little nervous, I think.

Thanks for any comments.

Carol (and Linda).

Carol and Linda-

My partner and I are getting married (again- this time legal) this Friday in Vancouver. We've got the anniversary and honeymoon boxes checked, so we'll see what happens. This started out as a cruise to celebrate our 5th anniversary since our religious ceremony, and decided that since we're there, why not get married!

Last year, when we sailed on NCLA, we celebrated our anniversary as well. We purchased an anniverary package, with no problems at all; several of the staff congratulated us on our anniversary!

dogdoc2002

pnhmrk and dogdoc2002 - Thanks to you both for your comments. It's really quite surprising how much more accepting people are becoming. It's certainly refreshing, to say the least. And thanks for your good wishes.

Well, we've decided we're just simply going to brazen it out and be proud of being married....as Linda put it, if we're going to hide in the closet why bother.

Happy anniversary pnhmrk, and congratulations dogdoc2002 on legally tying the knot. Ain't love grand?

Carol (and Linda).

I think you'll have a great time and will be pleasantly surprised at how accepting everyone is. Our room attendants have always asked us if we want the beds together or apart, which I think is nice since we're two men and that might be hard for some of them to ask. Celebrity is very gay positive and if you ask the cruise director (you can just leave a note at the front desk) they will likely organise a gay mixer (called a Friends of Dorothy Party).

Congrats Carol and Linda! :)

My partner and I have been legally married for over three years now; and have cruised several times over the years on various lines. We've never felt out of place, or been discrimated against whatsoever. People are very open, friendly and accepting on cruises.

You'll enjoy the Mercury and the Pacific Northwest cruise. As stated, Celebrity is a very gay friendly cruise line, and I'm sure there will be a get-together where you'll meet others onboard as well.

Dave

Staralyn - We're on the 10/15 sailing. We're getting married on 10/13 in Victoria so this will be a short little honeymoon. Too bad you aren't on the 10/15 cruise. That would have been fun, comparing notes on Victoria weddings!! :D :D We can't change now as our wedding date is fixed.

What's your wedding date? Are you getting married when the ship calls at Victoria? We thought about doing that, but too many family and friends decided they just HAD to attend, so it got kind of out of hand. The B&B we're staying in is doing most of the planning for the wedding and we have to be there a day ahead of time, so just getting off the ship and getting married didn't work for us.

A big congratulations to you both and we wish you all the best for your married life together.

Carol and Linda.

Dave and everyone else who has posted on this thread. Linda and I thank you all so much for your congratulations and words of encouragement. I'm feeling much better about just letting it all happen. You are all great. Thanks. :)

Carol (and Linda)

Archived