Mazatlan and Cabo hotel day use

bunnkins

Hi,

I tried to do a search on this and came up with very little. Lots in PV but not so much in Mazatlan or Cabo. We are on the Pride in July and looking for a nice hotel to use the pool and beach. Something like the Westin in PV. does anyone know of one? Thanks :)

Mazatlan: definatley EL Cid, many of the ships crew spends there day there, nice hotel, pools, and Beach. if your up to a time share pre. you can go and get free food and drinks aswell.

I posted some pictures of this hotel in another thread (on the first page). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=550051

It's really a beautiful hotel, and they didn't charge us anything for the use of their facilities for the day. DH gave them his Driver's License as a deposit for the use of three of their towels for the day (so we didn't even have to bring the $22 Carnival towels), which he of course got back when he returned the towels. All you have to do is eat or drink there and they are happy to have you. Nikki Beach (the club/bar on the beach attached to the hotel) had a 2 for 1 drink special from about 11:00 to 1:00 I think. The drinks aren't cheap, but they aren't stingy either.;) We had a GREAT time there, and I highly recommend that hotel to anyone visiting Cabo. I believe you can take a water taxi there, but we had a little one with us, and I had heard that sometimes those water taxis capsize, or at the very least are difficult to get in and out of, so we opted for a regular taxi instead. They charged three of us $10 U.S. to go from the pier to the hotel. Interestingly they charged seven of us $7 U.S. to go from the hotel back to the pier. So if you want to take a taxi from the pier, haggle with the taxi drivers!

We spent the day at Stone Island in Mazatlan, so I don't have any hotel suggestions for you there.

Have a great time on the Pride, she's a great ship!

Thanks for the great suggestions. They both are just what we are looking for. In PV we plan on doing the zip line tour but in the other ports our kids just want to play on the beach and swim in a warm, non-sea water pool. We leave July 15th and can hardly wait! Thanks agian!

Marion:)

Archived