Miami hotel ...1/22/05

Stvandon

I'm trying to find a back-up hotel in Miami for 1/22/05 (pre-cruise) , in case I fail with Priceline. I'm getting a lot of "sorry..no rooms availabe". Is there something going on that week-end or is it because I'm trying to get a room for Saturday night only? Is Jan. a bad time to cruise out of Miami or what?:confused:

Easy answer: it's the begining of tourist season in Florida and there are many other ships that sail out of Miami the same time you are leaving. "Season" in Florida begins in November and lasts until end of April or so. Most people book for an entire weekend and not necessarily one day if they are visiting Florida. Menina

I'm trying to find a back-up hotel in Miami for 1/22/05 (pre-cruise) , in case I fail with Priceline. I'm getting a lot of "sorry..no rooms availabe". Is there something going on that week-end or is it because I'm trying to get a room for Saturday night only? Is Jan. a bad time to cruise out of Miami or what?:confused:

Hi Stvandon,

I am in the same boat for the same day:( although for post-cruise.

I was looking in the South Beach/Miami Beach area, but am having no luck with Priceline either:mad: (we are staying Downtown pre-cruise). Where are you looking for?

Have you tried Priceline yet?

I will let you know if I have any luck with a hotel. I would appreciate it if you would post if you find something.

Good luck:)

Me too! Will be trying Priceline for Jan.22/05 before the Valor on the 23rd. I have not done any bidding on PL yet. Yikes!Hope our family won't be homeless for the night!!! I heard of problems for FortLauderdale for around this date, but was hoping MIA would have more vacancies!!!

Hi Digital Curator I am still looking for a pre-cruise hotel on 1/23/05....no luck with Priceline so far. I am considering booking the Holiday Inn Marina Park as a back-up. We know nothing about Miami, but some friends stayed there and were satisfied with it. So we'll see.....:confused: Stvandon

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect you'll have Priceline success as your date gets closer, but if you're still looking for a back-up the Holiday Inn Port of Miami has a refundable rate of $125.89.

Be sure to read the rate terms as some of the cheaper rates on their website have cancellation fees ranging from $25 up to the cost of the stay.

Still no luck with Priceline:(

We really wanted Miami Beach/South Beach post-cruise, so I have been looking around on other sites (specifically a Canadian one called itravel2000.com. I have found the Dorchester for $90 (U.S.) but it has mixed reviews on tripadvisor.com. They also have the Dorchester's sister hotel the Marseilles for $108, which we are considering. I don't think this is cancelable, so we haven't booked yet...

• 6 months later...

UKCruisers - Hi. I read your post. I am booked for this hotel for one night - I cannot find much of anything on this hotel. I booked it thru Continental Airlines for $65.00 a night. Since you have stayed there - can you tell me more about this hotel. There was a "snob" on this site that said as long as I don't mind "cheap" hotels, it should be fine. How rude......I had not even stated the price at that time. Any information would be truly appreciated!

Archived