Let's Design the ULTIMATE Carnival Ship

For those of you asking for longer cruises, there is a petition you might want to sign. It's a petition to Carnival to bring a ship to NYC in 2009 for a 12 night holiday cruise. Here's the link to the petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/12232009/petition.html

And here's a link to the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=577481

Also keep your eyes peeled, another petition specifically for longer cruises in general from Carnival is in the works!

Just signed it.

Now back to the original question - the ULTIMATE CARNIVAL SHIP would have:

- Dressing code ENFORCED

- Better sofa beds

- Some cabins with true king beds

- Better food all the way around from quality to quanity

- Better ports of call

- A better frequent cruiser program, with the number of DAYS and CATEGORY sailed opposed to the number of cruises.

Get rid of:

- Bedtime Story, it gets old fast

- Hairy Chest/Legs Contest...does this REALLY appeal to anyone?

If I could design a ship it would be totally handicapped friendly. The pools would have stairs and lifts, no ladders. All of the doors would be wider for wheelchairs and scooters. All of the bathrooms and showers would have grab bars. If you don't need them, you have extra space to hang things. There would still be dedicated wheelchair only cabins with the roll in showers and added turning space needed. Just these small changes to all of the cabins would help to make crusing easier for those with mobility problems. So many of the ships have such a small number of handicapped cabins that many people with mobility issues can not cruise.

Just signed the petition also. Would love to have ships year round from NYC since we are right here. And Carnival has to get on the ball about those shower curtains. And speaking of the fridges, might be nice if they were actually COLD! :confused:

that's it lol look, just being on that ship is a fantasy!!!!!!! I have been on 9 cruises. Now everytime I get on the ship, it seems like a NEW WORLD!!!!!!!!! I don't have to get off the ship. Just being on a ship is magnificent!!!!!!!!! Can you smell it? The time you walk on, it's a different feeling. We have reserved cruises for August, 2007, December, 2007 and August, 2008 already. Is there another way to travel? I have met so many people that I know who have never cruised. Why?????? I tried cruising in the early 80's. But didn't do it. This is the bomb!!!!! This is Robyn's mom.

:D

17andacruiseaddict: LOVED your post! I have been on a lot more cruises than you, but I still get "that feeling" too. When we board the ship it is like, well, here we are again. Give me 5 minutes and the "magic" kicks in. I have been on a lot of ships more than once, but each and every time, I find something else that absolutely thrills me. I can't be bothered with the itineraries too much either. Just get me on the SHIP and let me float around for a week and I am :D ! (even with the shower curtains and warm refrigerators lol)

that's it lol look, just being on that ship is a fantasy!!!!!!! I have been on 9 cruises. Now everytime I get on the ship, it seems like a NEW WORLD!!!!!!!!! I don't have to get off the ship. Just being on a ship is magnificent!!!!!!!!! Can you smell it? The time you walk on, it's a different feeling. We have reserved cruises for August, 2007, December, 2007 and August, 2008 already. Is there another way to travel? I have met so many people that I know who have never cruised. Why?????? I tried cruising in the early 80's. But didn't do it. This is the bomb!!!!! This is Robyn's mom.

:D

I have only been on one cruise and I'm 55 years old. I know that is sad but I have another one booked with my best friend. My husband is not able to get off work so........... I am addicted already. I wish my family had been able to go when I was younger. I would have many more under my belt.

Linda

I have only been on one cruise and I'm 55 years old. I know that is sad but I have another one booked with my best friend. My husband is not able to get off work so........... I am addicted already. I wish my family had been able to go when I was younger. I would have many more under my belt.

Linda

Ladies, what do you think, a chocolate section 24 hours a day? Talk about gaining weight.

Linda

Archived