Speciality Restaraunts on Pride of Aloha

leipoppy

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me what the cost is of each of the specialty restaraunts on Pride of Aloha and if they have any times or days with half price cover charge? Someone happened to mention to me that they do this.

Thanks! :)

The Italian and French speciality resturants charge $10.00 per person, I am not sure of the other. It was half price for all speciality resturants for the 1st night, and I believe for bookings after 9.00pm. It was well worth the extra money....:)

Here's a list of the Pride of Aloha's restaurants:

Palace Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Continental

Surcharge: No

Reservations Required: No

Crossings Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Continental

Royal Palm Bistro

Cuisine: French

Surcharge: Yes, $15 plus tax per person

Reservations Required: Yes

Kahili Restaurant

Cuisine: Italian

Surcharge: Yes, $15 plus tax per person

Pacific Heights Restaurant

Cuisine: Hawaiian/Asian

Surcharge: Yes, $12.50 plus tax per person

Hukilau Cafe

Cuisine: Assorted Buffet, Food Stations, Snacks & Grill

Surcharge prices vary from ship to ship, and this list reflects prices from years ago, so they may have changed. Specials also vary from ship to ship, sometimes from one cruise to the next. So check your Freestyle Daily every night.

The Italian and French speciality resturants charge $10.00 per person, I am not sure of the other. It was half price for all speciality resturants for the 1st night, and I believe for bookings after 9.00pm. It was well worth the extra money....:)

There SHOULD NOT be an extra charge for dining on a cruise ship. Period. This was a recent invention of some marketing boneheads a few years ago... On NCLA they are starting to charge for shows! Do you want this?

There SHOULD NOT be an extra charge for dining on a cruise ship. Period. This was a recent invention of some marketing boneheads a few years ago... On NCLA they are starting to charge for shows! Do you want this?

This is an option many cruisers enjoy, you still have the Main Dining Rooms and your favorite buffet to choose from.

Specialty Restaurants, to view all three click .... Click to Enlarge, then forward button

<a href=2856329440079335670S500x500Q85.jpg' alt=

There's always the two FREE Main Restaurants, and the Buffet you can dine aboard NCL ships, which by the way is all that's available on most cruise ships. On all NCL ships, at most there's just three Speciality Restaurants where you pay a surcharge to dine. Out of a possible ten Restaurants, there's still seven FREE choices.

Where did you read NCLA charges an admission fee to attend shows? This is the first I've read about that, and I read almost every thread posted here.

There's always the two FREE Main Restaurants, and the Buffet you can dine aboard NCL ships, which by the way is all that's available on most cruise ships. On all NCL ships, at most there's just three Speciality Restaurants where you pay a surcharge to dine. Out of a possible ten Restaurants, there's still seven FREE choices.

Where did you read NCLA charges an admission fee to attend shows? This is the first I've read about that, and I read almost every thread posted here.

Palex stated that on another posting.

I don't know why anyone would complain about there being "Fee" restaurants, when there are plenty of "Free" restaurants available. All the cruise lines are introducing this concept. It is actually a rather brilliant marketing idea (I believe this was stated a little differently on the other thread:rolleyes: ). The "Fee" restaurants provide a nice, smaller venue for those willing to go the extra dollar. (We always eat at most of them at least once).

I like the specialty restaurants and will gladly pay a little extra for the more intimate setting. If you don't like them, then don't go!

The prices and the discount times seem to change frequently. On our cruise, the discount price (half-price) was from 5:30-6:30 but a week later it apparently changed to 9 pm and after. Full price was $10 pp for the Italian and the Asian restaurants and $15 pp for the French. The Asian restaurant additionally offered sushi at per piece pricing. But again, this was in March and things change!

I hope there is some kind of misunderstanding about that. Here's what I found on the NCL page in Excursions:

Maui (Kahului) Tony N' Tina's Wedding

Tony n' Tina's Wedding, is the most successful Off-Broadway show of all time. It is a show where you attend and interact in the wedding ceremony. Toast the lucky couple then meet, greet, dine and dance with the wedding party, eccentric friends and relatives of the happy couple. The cast will have you singing and laughing aloud.

$25

2 1/2 hours

details:

Tony n' Tina's Wedding, the most successful Off-Broadway show of all time is now offered to you in Maui for a limited number of "wedding guests." It's strictly first come, first served or "Fuggidaboudit." Tony n' Tina's Wedding is a show where you attend and interact in the wedding ceremony. Then, join the Vitale and Nunzio families for an Italian wedding hall dinner in Vinnie's Coliseum Restaurant. Toast the lucky couple, then meet, greet, dine and dance with the wedding party, eccentric friends and relatives of the happy couple. Vinnie provides the "Buffet of Love." Sing and dance to the fabulous Donny Dulce and the Duo-Tones. The cast will have you singing and laughing aloud. Since its original New York opening in 1987, Tony n' Tina's Wedding has garnered rave reviews from The New York Times, The New York Post, People Magazine and UPI.

-Monte

I hope there is some kind of misunderstanding about that. Here's what I found on the NCL page in Excursions:

Maui (Kahului) Tony N' Tina's Wedding

Tony n' Tina's Wedding, is the most successful Off-Broadway show of all time. It is a show where you attend and interact in the wedding ceremony. Toast the lucky couple then meet, greet, dine and dance with the wedding party, eccentric friends and relatives of the happy couple. The cast will have you singing and laughing aloud.

$25

2 1/2 hours

details:

Tony n' Tina's Wedding, the most successful Off-Broadway show of all time is now offered to you in Maui for a limited number of "wedding guests." It's strictly first come, first served or "Fuggidaboudit." Tony n' Tina's Wedding is a show where you attend and interact in the wedding ceremony. Then, join the Vitale and Nunzio families for an Italian wedding hall dinner in Vinnie's Coliseum Restaurant. Toast the lucky couple, then meet, greet, dine and dance with the wedding party, eccentric friends and relatives of the happy couple. Vinnie provides the "Buffet of Love." Sing and dance to the fabulous Donny Dulce and the Duo-Tones. The cast will have you singing and laughing aloud. Since its original New York opening in 1987, Tony n' Tina's Wedding has garnered rave reviews from The New York Times, The New York Post, People Magazine and UPI.

-Monte

Sounds like an excursion to me - not an on-board show.

I suppose he'll be complaining about paying to go to the Laua on Kaui soon too.

When was the last time any cruise line has had free shore excursions besides their private islands?

I have read what has been posted in a number of places about this, but no one has said if it is an off-the-ship excursion or an on board show. Other venues of this show list Vinnies Coliseum Restaurant but it part of the show and not some specific restaurant.

I would like to hear a review from someone that has been to this.

Anyone?

I'm starting to think that the show might be presented on board but promoted as an excursion. (Possibly to avoid arguments of "should they charge for entertainment") It would be interesting to hear answers to those questions as posted by wulfdreamer.

However, it does sound as if this is an actual off Broadway production (with really really big expenses) and doing it in this fashion might allow them to present it on all the ships in Hawaii (basically by having the cast/crew of the show live in Maui & perform on board the ships) I can understand (to a degree) why they would need to charge for the production-if this is all true-in order to have it available at all. I don't mind when they charge for additional items, so long as those items don't replace what is or would be otherwise included.

Anyone know for sure?

I have read what has been posted in a number of places about this, but no one has said if it is an off-the-ship excursion or an on board show. Other venues of this show list Vinnies Coliseum Restaurant but it part of the show and not some specific restaurant.

I would like to hear a review from someone that has been to this.

Anyone?

Tony and Tina's Wedding is not an excursion, its an on board show!!! Don't believe me, call the cruise line. According to NCLA it is presented on an off, not necessarily every week.

Tony and Tina's Wedding is not an excursion, its an on board show!!! Don't believe me, call the cruise line. According to NCLA it is presented on an off, not necessarily every week.

I think that what has been confusing is that it is listed on the EXCURSIONS list which has generally meant off-ship. No one has actually said in post that is aboard.

Info is here for people without google skills:

http://www.tonyandtinamaui.com/specialoffers.html

This site lists it aboard the POH and appears for public consumption. I guess another question is: "Is it open to the public and what are the ship security issues?" Most other ships have been very cautious about non-cruiser persons on ships.

Why not?????? If you want the extra bits that come from dining at a speciality resturant than pay if not don't. We loved the Italian and ate here twice. The food was exceptional and the service wonderful, well worth the extra. BUT this is what we wanted, we did not eat at the other speciality resturants as after we looked at the menues (prior to booking) we decided that nothing fancied us. Aparently to keep cruise costs down some additional extra's you have to pay for, on some ships this also includes room service and the ice cream buffet......Oh my!!!!.

Archived