Taking an infant - what time does sun set in Victoria?

getmeouttahere0608

Going on Alaskan cruise (Golden Princess - Inside Passage). One of the ports is Victoria BC and it looks like we get there at 7pm at night.

Is it still light out or is it dark in mid-September?

I'm taking my 11 month old - any advice of what we could do or would it be better that we stay on the ship (he goes to sleep around 8:30p) ?

Thanks!

It will probably not be very dark at all. We were in Alaska in June and it was broad daylight at 11pm.

Don't worry though, there are very heavy draperies on the windows that shut out light very effectively!

No WORRIES!

ENJOY

:D

last sept (sept 17 - 24), get got dark around 7pm. the only port that was a hardship was juneau, still had things i wanted to do. otherwise the daylight was not a issue.

for victoria, the inner harbor has lots to do and see. just walking around is very interesting. shops are open, street entertainers are around. it's too late in the season for the prime viewing of the gardens, that was the 2nd time i have missed out see it. they have shuttles and bues ($) to get from the docks to the harbor area. i would, at least, go and walk around some.

some of the street entertainers were very good.

Try to stop in Rogers Chocolates. We did the tour on the double decker bus and our driver said that Rogers ships chocolates to the Queen and to the White House. So we had to have some. Their vanilla cremes were delicious (and huge!). They had every flavor known to man for cremes.

Our tour also toured Craig Darrock Castle (which was more of a big house), but interesting. Also we had high tea at the Empress Fairmont. The Fairmont is nice to walk around in. There's a nice giftshop there as well.

Have fun! That's our alltime favorite port.

Archived